New York-Hudson Valley
Options

HELP!!!!

I'm usually a lurker but could really use some great advise.... My first fitting is next week. I purchased my dress at Camille la vie in the Palisades mall and am sooooo worried about getting alterations. I have heard horrific stories about dresses being ruined and gone missing.
Has anyone used them or could recommend anyone around here?
Thanks
Photobucket

Re: HELP!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just had my second fitting there.  No problems so far and I had my zipper back turned into a corest back which I was nervous about. (It can be a little difficult to understand the seamstress; just be sure Rosa or Jodi are around if you need clarification or need help expressing what you want).  My final fitting 8/14/10.  I'll let you know how it turns out. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also got a Camille la Vie dress! I didn't go through their alterations because I technically ordered my dress through their 1-800#. And because of that, I used Alterations Etc in Wappingers Falls for my fittings.

But (for anybody) if you need COMPLEX work done on the dress - if you did get your dress at a store (Camille la Vie, David's Bridal, a private salon) AND that store offers alterations, sometimes it's best to go to that store for the alts. (As long as they are good at doing them)

Reason being - they know the dresses. And if something happens they will be able to fix it. (ie. get you a new dress asap esp at DB and Camille. The private salons, may not be able to, but will have the ability to help you.)

IF however, you DON' T NEED MUCH, then (usually) any alterations lady who has been in business for  a while and does at least a few wedding gowns a year, they should be able to help you.

Not sure if I helped. But the seamstresses that work in the stores are skilled. and they definitely know their dresses. So I wouldn't have any worries about them working on my dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards