New York-Hudson Valley
Options

SD vs. HD Video

Hi guys,
  So i'm on to booking a videographer now...and I can't decide whether it's better to go with SD or HD video.  One quick question:  Is HD the same thing as Blu Ray?  I am under the assumption that its the same thing.  So when videographers tell you that they will record in HD and gove you 1 Blu Ray copy and 2 regular dvd's...what does that mean exactly?
Also, one videographer I met with said that he doesnt always recommend HD because many Brides dont realize how HD shows all the minor flaws and imperfections on your skin, etc.  And since I dont have clear skin, I dont want my wedding video to show all the imperfections on my face!  Even with all that makeup on that day!  So in your opinion...do you think SD or HD is better?  price isn't an issue, BTW.

Re: SD vs. HD Video

• Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely get HD. And yes, HD is Bluray. That means that videographer will give you one bluray cd (which will only play in a bluray player or ps3), and 2 regular dvds which won't be HD, but will play on ANY dvd player or bluray player.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp.  I wouldn't worry too much about showing imperfections, if you have an HDTV, switch between regular and HD channels of the same program.to see the difference.  The colors are brighter so your flowers, venue, scenery, dress should just show up a little more crisp.  He'd have to zoom in on your imperfection to really capture it. 

Think of it as your photographer shooting your pics in a higher resolution.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards