New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Rolling Greens at Dutchess Golf and Coutry Club

I am going to check out Rolling Greens at Dutchess Golf and Coutry Club this weekend but there is not a lot of information on the web about it.  Unlike most country clubs and banquet halls there are no reviews anywhere!  Has anyone been to check it out or even had their wedding there that can give me a heads up on what to expect??  Thanks!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rolling Greens at Dutchess Golf and Coutry Club

• Options
    Woodsy62Woodsy62 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked it out and also went to their bridal show recently.  There probably is not a lot of info because they recently switched hands.  They just got taken over by the same family that runs Anthonys Peir 9, Granview and The Grand.  (so you know the service will be good!)

They seem to do a good job and have made some nice renovations to the room. I would definitely check it out.  Good prices as well. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_rolling-greens-dutchess-golf-coutry-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:64f12397-6cb3-45ca-8148-e7c26b1aec99Post:e66fd132-c0b0-45e9-ad51-5d9efc589253">Re: Rolling Greens at Dutchess Golf and Coutry Club</a>:
    [QUOTE]I checked it out and also went to their bridal show recently.  There probably is not a lot of info because they recently switched hands.  They just got taken over by the same family that runs Anthonys Peir 9, Grandview and The Grand.  (so you know the service will be good!) They seem to do a good job and have made some nice renovations to the room. I would definitely check it out.  Good prices as well. 
    Posted by Woodsy62[/QUOTE]

Ditto this! Exactly! And because its a golf club you know that they have beautiful spots for pictures!
  • Options
    hjg0126hjg0126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!

The price is what is drawing me in because the Grandview is also really nice (and as of recently run by the same people) but more expensive and expect more people on a Saturday night (175 min!)  I am planning 130-140 so the price point that Rolling Greens has is perfect for me. 

@Woodsy62 - I wanted to go to the bridal show but I live down in New Rochelle and couldn't make it up on a Thursday night!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Woodsy62Woodsy62 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I live in White Plains but grew up in the Poughkeepsie area, so I went with my mom. :)  New Rochelle is a long drive though!  BTW, I went to Iona :)

• Options
    mmandak2mmandak2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did anyone ever get to experience a wedding or the food at Rolling Greens?  I also found it frustrating that there aren't any reviews anywhere, but the pictures of the venue and food look great, wondering if the reception lives up to the pictures.  Thanks for any info!!!

Melissa
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have booked Rolling Greens for my daughter's wedding based on a wedding we attended back in May.  The food was excellent, the tables during the cocktail hour and the pass arounds provided so much food, you could have skipped the meal  John treated the couple great and it rained so they had to move the ceremony inside and they did that flawlessly.  You would never know they set up the room in one hour during the cocktail hour.  Also they provide one server per table who takes drink orders and everytime we got up, we came back to folded napkins, etc.  They provide wine on the table as well.  The food was excellent, would recommend the asian table, which included a great shrimp salad and three stir fry's as well as noodle dishes, all excellent.  The main entre was like a restaurant, you could order the meal anyway you needed, medium, no gravy or sauce and all the food came out pretty much at once.  The complimentary take home bar was also pretty amazing with the cookies, water, coffee and tea to go for the guests when they left.  They also include valet parking in the cost of the wedding.  I would recommend using their place cards, etc, since they have a very nice setup when people first enter the building.  The bridal room is very nice and also the main thing here is you are the only bride scheduled that day, so you have the entire day with just your wedding, not like many of the other places and hotels. My family plays golf, so they are looking forward to the discount golf that day.  Also note an evening wedding is very nice, gives you more time.  We plan to do the ceremony there, but if you do that, you may want to have the photos taken before the ceremony so you can enjoy the entire cocktail hour and reception, since it is something you will not want anyone to miss.  Also note the flowers that Rolling Greens had setup were amazing, they were included as part of their decorations, not for you to take home, but they were unbelievable addtition to the cocktail hour and reception.  Be sure to ask what they provide before you arrange your flowers.  They had a lot of little touches which made the wedding comfortable and nice, which was unexpected.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards