New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Jimmy Dee or Big Apple Entertainment?

We met with Jimmy Dee, and everything seemed great, but oh my god I can't get over how expensive the uplighting is!! Big apple seems to give a better deal including dj and uplighting, a couple of hundred dollars cheaper. But jimmy dee seems to be throwing in more extras.

which vendor do you prefer? Also, did anybody use one person for dj and then another for uplighting?

Re: Jimmy Dee or Big Apple Entertainment?

• Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine doesn't have to do with these two vendors but my uplighting was very reasonable from the DJ company (I think around 200-300). I didn't use them as my dj either so you can do two different vendors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i used big apple for dj photog and videog and loved them. i used the dj co for uplighting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    how many kinetic lights are you using though? that's really cheap. Mine with 15 lights (he said 20 would be what i need but its too much) is $1275.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow that's a big difference!! thanks I'll definately check them out!  Just out of curiosity, why didn't you go with DJ company for everything?
  • Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Because my dj was my wedding present from John's cousin. He works for the company and he gave us the dj serivces and photobooth as a gift.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohh ok.. nice wedding present!
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used Jimmy Dee but only for the dj package with deluxe lighting. I wish I had heard of the dj company's uplighting package sooner, we definitely would have done that.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Jimmy Dee and we had basic lighting and really I thought it was great. I don't know what uplighting is? Someone fill me in...
    In any case, I found the Big Apple guys thatpresented to me to be a little immature and somewhat obnoxious
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_jimmy-dee-big-apple-entertainment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:71b78add-99ed-4b1b-9dc8-4c0a83c1d827Post:bd27f674-399e-4385-a185-11458a5ccf58">Re: Jimmy Dee or Big Apple Entertainment?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Jimmy Dee and we had basic lighting and really I thought it was great. I don't know what uplighting is? Someone fill me in...<strong> In any case, I found the Big Apple guys thatpresented to me to be a little immature and somewhat obnoxious</strong>
    Posted by Crissyo[/QUOTE]

I had the same experience. I met them at a bridal show, and I felt like I was trying to drag information out of them. That said, others have had a similar experience with Jimmy Dee. I think they're both great dj companies, so go with whichever one was nice to you when you met with them!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with Jimmy Dee! Thanks everyone! I'm So excited!! And, I had the same experience with Big Apple. They seemed a little obnoxious and unprofessional.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the check!
  • Options
    valerie102780valerie102780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually used Big Apple for my wedding and I honestly can't say enough great things about them. Eric was my MC and DJ and he was amazing. My wedding was almost 2 years ago (I can't believe how much time has already gone by) and I'm telling you ppl are still talking about how amazing my DJ was and 2 of my friends booked him and also loved him. I'm sorry if anyone had such a bad experience with them, but I would go and talk to them. Eric/Paul are so down to earth. Definitely 2 really cool guys. They also give you the best pricing. I have to say that I met with Jimmy Dee and I felt like they were all very fake (sorry if anyone is a Jimmy Dee fan, not trying to be rude at all). I just prefer someone who you can actually talk to like a person and not like a sales person. Anyways, to each their own. I think no matter who you go with (DJ company wise) they will be amazing.  Good luck! If you need more info on Big Apple shoot me an email. I really can't say enough great things about them.  Valerie1027802000@yahoo.com. I also used more amazing vendors that I can tell you about too.  I love planning which is why I'm still on here trying to help new brides out :)

• Options
    Hegmann6Hegmann6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone used big apple for photography/video?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards