Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Guitarist price

So if professional classical guitarists normally go for $150-200 per hour plus travel costs and $25 bucks to learn arrangements in my area, and I found a guy whose really good (but not normally a wedding pro so not looking to charge pro rates) is $75 bucks plus tip and $0.50 per mile for travel a reasonable offer?  And he'd be learning at least 1 song for the ceremony...

Re: Guitarist price

• Options
    That sounds reasonable to me.

Though I think I would get together with him prior to the ceremony to hear the song(s) he would be learning, just to make certain they were up to par.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_guitarist-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:01675ac0-6dd4-4865-9348-de072aa7e106Post:9241e72a-0b4c-4004-b579-7147406b6a80">Re: Guitarist price</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds reasonable to me. Though I think I would get together with him prior to the ceremony to hear the song(s) he would be learning, just to make certain they were up to par.
    Posted by twilight.rose[/QUOTE]

This exactly. We're paying ours $150 flat fee, but we only found her after the one who was too expensive ($350) was kind enough to recommend her instead. Don't worry, we didn't ask him to recommend someone cheaper - he just did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards