New York-Hudson Valley
Options

new outdoor photo location needed! Please help!

Our photographer finally got around to looking at the walking bridge (between highland & pok) and didn't care for it, so we are on the desperate search to find a suitable location for our outdoor pictures. We will be coming from Highland, and getting married/partying in Wappingers Falls. And we don't want to have to travel more than 30 minutes to get to the photo location.

We've checked with the Cullinary & Vanderbilt, both said no to pics onsite. And Marist has construction going on. Some of the parks by the river on the Pok side are so laden with geese and goose poop I'm afraid to even try.

I think our fall back will be SUNY New Paltz, where FI & I met, but it feels somewhat lackluster. We are going up to look at the Newburgh waterfront, but are afraid we'll encounter the same geese issue we did with Pok.

Please, anyone with any ideas, just shout em out!

Sorry for the long post.

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage
Our rescue kitties and Because we still enjoy the little things x8yrs.

And this is why Miles Fisher is Awesome. BabyFetus Ticker

Re: new outdoor photo location needed! Please help!

• Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What about Vassar? There's also that sculpture garden thing in poughkeepsie or locust grove.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Locust Grove is a good idea.  We looked at them as a wedding venue.  It would have been too much work for me, but I thought the grounds were really pretty, and they are free and open to the public.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We took pictures at Locust Grove, and like the pp said, it was free, which was nice. I do think you need to talk to them because I'm not sure if you can do pics there if there is a wedding going on on-site. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mills Mansion is pretty. Its right off of Rt 9, but is north of Hyde Park.

• Options
    Mrs.AllyHMrs.AllyH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There are also a few parks right on the river in Poughkeepsie under the bridge. Locus Grove is also very pretty. I think Mills Mansion would be nice but might be a bit far for you.
  • Options
    woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Stony Kill Environmental Education Center, pretty farm, lots of fields, manor house for a backdrop and gardens, on 9D in Wapp.
    Bowdoin Park on Sheafe Rd in Pok.
    Mesier Park in the village of Wapp.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to say Vassar! It's beautiful over there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards