New York-Hudson Valley
Options

First Post - having second thoughts Surf Club in New Rochelle

Hi!

I'm newly engaged as of this October and this is my first post.  I had to create a new profile as my old account has my real last name in it. I'm planning a July 22, 2011 wedding (haven't figured out how to add wedding date and fiance name to profile yet..)

We booked our venue this weekend and now I'm starting to have major doubts and was hoping that someone could give me some reassurance.  We booked The Surf Club in New Rochelle with Carlo.  While he was very nice, after signing, I had a weird feeling in my gut that I really didn't matter to him (that I was just another bride he got to sign a contract).  All the other venues I looked at, the customer service was great and people followed up with me promptly but it's been different with The Surf Club.

I had to call them a total of 5 times in a matter of 4 days for someone to send me a copy of the menu for our reception.  Each time I was assured they would send it to me right away but they never did. A few other things gave me weird feelings over there too.

Instead of being excited about securing a venue, I'm really nervous and worried about this place, every other venue treated us nicely, but this place is really giving me the vibe that we don't matter at all.

If anyone has been to or had their wedding here can you please let me know what your experience was like. Sorry this was so long!  Thank you!

Re: First Post - having second thoughts Surf Club in New Rochelle

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we were married there in august. i have no idea who carlo is, we never dealt with him. we dealt only with chris and jamie. and of course artie who is freaking awesome. 

i will be honest with you, their customer service sucks (other than artie - he's amazing at answering). this was my only major complaint about them, and it's a big one. we didn't have any real issues though, as whatever we were trying to get in touch with them about was usually nothing important, so i didn't push it. they did get much better at communication about a month before, when all the details were starting to have to be put into place. 

in the end, we got exactly what we wanted. our maitre d' for the day was great and took care of everything, and set everything up exactly as we wanted (met with him about three days before the wedding). the bridal attendant was amazing, the staff was great, really we have no complaints about anything. they even were able to start a half hour early for us, with no extra charge. we were pleased with everything.

so basically yes their communication sucks but in the end you will get what you want for the day. once you start dealing with artie it gets better also. he's the best thing that place ever did for itself! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thank you so much.  Although it's sad that their communication is poor your post was just the reassurance I needed. I'm a little bit more at ease knowing I'm not the only one who had these communication issues but that you still had a great wedding.

I'm so glad to hear that Artie is great to work with, that will be refreshing.  Are his prices reasonable? I know we have to use him but Carlo didn't tell us anything about flower prices.

Thank you again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm honestly not sure what his prices are for flowers. when we booked it was before artie was on staff, so we used westchester floral directly and then did the rest of the wedding through artie later on (linens mostly). i believe that westchester floral still does the flowers just through artie now instead of directly through them. i have no idea if there's a difference in price though, sorry can't help on that one. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok great, thanks for all your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards