Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

minister ordination

My husband to be's best friend wants to be the officiant at our wedding. One problem, I do not know how to determine if a website is credible enough to do his online ordination. Anyone know of a good site?

Amy

Re: minister ordination

• Options
    I would call your county clerk's office and ask if this is even legal in your state. If so, perhaps they can suggest a website for you?
  • Options
    Universal Life Church is probablly the most prominent one, that's the one we're going through.  But definitely check with your county, the rules vary widely.  If we got married where we live, the friend who's marrying us would simply get deputized by the county for the day to do so, no ordination required.  But where we're getting married, we have to jump through a few hoops to get her ordination recognized.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I had a good friend of mine become ordained through themonastary.org which I found on recommended by The Knot.  And he has already filed his paperwork with the county and everything seems to be fine.

Find out if its possible in your county and do it, it will make your cermony so much more personal.
    Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    The state of Massachusetts allows for a one day designation to officiate a wedding. This what what we are doing so we can have my brother officiate the marriage. I found the information at the mass.gov website, maybe you have something similiar where you live.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards