New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Does any have any feedback on Surf Club in New Rochelle?

I am interested in seeing the Surf Club venue in New Rochelle.  Does anyone have any feedback regarding the food, service, etc? 

Re: Does any have any feedback on Surf Club in New Rochelle?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    food is great and plenty of it, the service is amazing. communication kinda sucks. 
  • Options
    xtina_824xtina_824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful place, pricey and not very willing to negotiate.
    BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yea they're not the cheapest on the strip but you get what you pay for. and so what if they're not that willing to negotiate? i never quite got that. do people go into restaurants and negotiate the price of a dish? why would this be any different? 
  • Options
    xtina_824xtina_824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It wouldn't be an issue if no venues negotiated prices and min head counts, but many do. Also, many restaurants tend to negotiate prices when your booking a large party when you're paying per head. Don't get me wrong, Surf Club is a beautiful place, and I'm sure part of it is that you get what you pay for, but in the end, it was more expensive than the other venues on that strip.
    BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed. I thought the surf club guy was a total jerk. Not at all flexible and not willing to work with you to customize your day or make it special. He literally told me (word for word) "look around you, this place speaks for itself, its beautiful, so if you don't want it at [x price] then someone else will so the choice is yours." conversation over, my husband and i walked out and cut our meeting short. too bad though, cuz it is a beauuuuutiful place and food is amazing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so he's a jerk because he said that the price is x, take it or leave it? lol ok yea

and i'm so calling bs on them not willing to work with you to customize the day. they're all about customization, so much so that they have someone on staff that does ONLY that. flowers, favors, linens, napkins, chair covers, even cake cutters, whatever you want he can get. so yea, i don't buy it lol
  • Options
    rtabbitartabbita member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback.  I'm hoping out meeting with the guy goes smooth.  Haha.  Do you mind telling me the price you were quoted?  Just so I have a basis of comparison.
  • Options
    jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was down to deciding between Surf Club and Glen Island, and when I went back to Surf Club the guy I met with made the decision easy. I asked him about a few negative reviews online that I read about the food (my family is italian, and we're really picky) and the guy said something along the lines of "yeah, we do get a good amount of complaints about the taste of the food, but there's always so much food and so many choices that people can just eat something else".
    I dont like quantity over quality so I decided to go with Glen Island instead. Since, I have been to 2 weddings at Surf Club and I'm so glad I didn't book. TONS of food, but nothing special. If you get married in the summer, it is a swim club, so members can be milling around the outside on the beach and I didn't like that. Also when I first visited (mind you this was 1.5 yrs ago), they were 8 months behind on renovations. I know that they're done now, but imagine all of those brides who were told rennovations would be finished by their date and the front entrance was unpaved and undone for their wedding? I would have been pissed.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I really wanted to get married at the Surf Club...met with them since we just stopped by one day. Left...never heard back from them. I sent numerous emails, made phone calls...even sent a registered letter...and never heard back from anyone. My guess is that they just didnt really want my money!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards