New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Valentine's Day...

So what are all of you getting the man in your life for V-Day?

I'm so fresh out of ideas it's not even funny :-(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Valentine's Day...

• Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got him a huge photo book made of our honeymoon which came out beautifully and some polo shirts. I may pick up a pair of jeans for him as well. He could really use those.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

we don't celebrate it so I don't have to worry about a gift.  Ocassionally we may exchange cards but it's usually one of those things where he'll buy me a card one year and I don't,  and the next year, vise versa.

• Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're just going out to dinner.  We are moving that weekend and are expecting our baby in two weeks after Valentine's day, so we figure dinner is the best route!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know we are going out to dinner,but i still have to get his gifts & i have no idea what to get him.

Hopefully everything will work out & i will be able to have a real suprise for him :)
  • Options
    MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a card =)
    He is working so maybe on one of his days off we will go to a movie or something

Mock - Grats!!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    With so much money being rolled out to the wedding, we are skipping v-day this year!  I actually hate the holiday myself so it works out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't usually do much for Valentine's day but our anniversary is the day after (that is... our dating anniversary... until we get married and have a new anniversary date) so we usually go out to dinner then.  I have enough trouble thinking of what to get him for his birthday and christmas... I don't need another holiday to figure out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh I would love to forego getting him something...I told him I wanted to keep things simple this year because of the wedding -- but as I was cleaning up around the house I saw a Tiffany's box hidden in the closet <arrrghhh>

I just don't know what to do? - he's so hard to get for and he has everything...I on the other hand could always use a piece of Tifanny jewelery!
    bah hahahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    I only ask for a card...I know that is selfish but I like cards.  Last year, he came home with flowers (i think b/c i was pregnant).  But, we agree to not exchange gifts.

I would say that you should ignore that you found the Tiffany's box.  Wink

(and, my hubby and i made a smilar pact concerning wedding gifts...and then he surprised me that morning with a poem, roses for me and my BMs and a necklace)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **SSage**
    Steph you're right I may just have to ignore I saw the blue box.  I gotta admit my heart did a little thump thump thump when I saw it!  I can't wrack my brains any longer.

That is just too sweet what your husband did! What a nice surprise - but no doubt you deserved it!Kiss
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Midgette!!  We are super excited... not too much longer to go Surprised:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stopped exchanging years ago we usually just do dinner either a nice one at home or go out.  I do get him a card and maybe some chocolates
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_valentines-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:9c4717c5-761d-474f-bf95-246e635cc396Post:807e22d8-49e1-44b8-97d6-412e89326966">Re: Valentine's Day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]**SSage** Steph you're right I may just have to ignore I saw the blue box.  I gotta admit my heart did a little thump thump thump when I saw it!  I can't wrack my brains any longer. That is just too sweet what your husband did! What a nice surprise - but no doubt you deserved it!
    Posted by MYLOVE315[/QUOTE]

My heart would do the thump thump thump too!  And no doubt YOU deserve what is in that box...but he also may be excited by the surprise so don't take it away!!

And thanks, it was really sweet...a good friend of ours did the presentation and delivery.  I'm just sad that the video and photographer got none of it.  Well, the photographer got a pic of just me with my rose but would have liked all of us and would have been cool on tape!  oh well...I have the printed out poem thing and everything else.  the girls were touched too...i loved that he did that for them...2 of them have been my friends for over 30 years and the other 2 for 20 so they mean alot to me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just make a nice quiet dinner at home anymore. It is way to expensive to go out that night! I think V-day is overrated sometimes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't go all out anymore. I usually get him a card and some special chocolate, he gets me a card and some flowers. And we go out to dinner. Still trying to decide where to go this year, but we will both have a much easier time with getting a card this year!

Mock - Congrats again! Counting down!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards