New York-Hudson Valley

Re: Proposals

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my fi proposed almost 3 years ago in suffern.. i was dropping him off for a show and before i took his car to leave he got down on one knee... it was sweet, spontaneous, and thoughtful.. instead of going to the gym, i drove around in circles
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i copied this from my wedding website instead of rewriting it
    Jeff and I dated for almost 3 years when my Birthday came around,he was acting a little strange that day but i didnt think anything of it.After taking me to lunch at my favorite spot he asked me to take a walk in the park to feed the ducks,we used to go to the park when we first met we would sit in his car or walk around and talk for hours,We fed the Ducks for a bit then he popped the Question,he said" you have been on this date with me for the last 3 years you can run now or you can take this ring,"will you marry me and spend the rest of your life with me".i was totally suprised i wasnt expecting a proposal. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was told for weeks that we were going to take a trip to Buffalo to meet FI's extended family, with a weekend detour to Niagara Falls just for fun. FI took care of all the planning, told me what the weather would be, what I should pack, and asked for my passport so he could book a flight for us (you now need a passport to go to Canada). To my shock, when we got to the airport (on our anniversary), he gave me a present to open. It was a French phrasebook and map of Paris. I looked at him all confused and then he confessed that we weren't going to Buffalo, but instead to Paris for a long weekend!!! I was convinced the whole flight there that he would propose. Right when we got off the plane, we went straight to the Eiffel Tower. He didn't propose then ... or that night.... or the next morning - needless to say, I was frustrated and confused. However, later in the afternoon that next day, he proposed in Paris while we were strolling through the courtyard of the Louvre. Everyone started cheering and clapping and snapping pictures. We spent the next 2 days sightseeing and celebrating in the most romantic city in the world! It was like a dream. What a good guy he is :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh man- mine is a long one. You ready?

Valentine's Day 08, FI takes me to dinner and gives me 2 envelopes, one is a set of Rules for THE GAME, and the other is my first clue.  The Game was developed specifically for me to play over the next few months. Each week I received a clue, the answers to those close where letters in the alphabet.  I was presented with a wooden box that all correspondence with the Game would take place through.  All my clues were placed in there and i put my answers in there. If i was correct, i would receive that actual wooden letter.  So after playing thru til July, I had spelled out Will you be my wife?  He then gave me another "clue" that asked me to go to dinner, dressed nicely.  He wound up taking me to dinner in NYC, where i received yet another clue for a letter (which ulitmately turned out to be fake but was used to throw me off from thinking it was the night)  Needless to say i was devastated.  After dinner he took me to see The Little MErmaid on Broadway, my favorite disney movie.  After the play was over, a woman came over and said we have arranged for a backstage tour for you two. YAY i was excited but still not thinking anything because of the fake clue i got at dinner.  We go on the tour and she is explaining all sorts of things, then when we get the middle of the stage and you can see out over the whole theatre, she stops talking, i turn around and FI is standing there alone reaching into his jacket pocket, he gets down on one knee. At that point, i started to cry hysterically! And there he officially asked, will you be my wife?

After that we left the theatre and he had arranged for a limo to take us back home to Orange county and his dad had come and picked up his car and taken it home for him.

So there it is in a nutshell :)
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh! I am following two incredibly amazing proposal stories!!!!

FI & I are not only two huge Yankees fans, but we've been to so many incredibly historic games: The last game of the old stadium, Opening Day at the new stadium, Derek Jeter's record breaking game, the incredibly long Red Sox/Yankee game where they won in like the 14th inning, and the final game of this past World Series win.

So at the end of my first semester of grad school, we decided to go out and celebrate together. When we were heading for the Stadium, I knew something was up. We walked around outside a bit and he stopped to get on one knee.  The ring totally fell out of the box and he got all flustered and embarrassed (it was so cute!) He asked me to Marry him & I, of course, said yes!!  He said he wanted to add some more history to the location. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awww these are all great!!!!!

Fi had his FSIL trick me into thinking we were having dinner with her and FBIL at this fancy restaurant overlooking Manhattan and it was going to be on FBILs Law Firm. I started to think it was going to happen (bc FBIL is a lawyer in Manhattan, no way would they be going to a dinner in Jersey City), but I went along with it. He was so nervous the whole day!!
    We get to the restaurant and are seated, I noticed RIGHT AWAY there were 2 place settings and not 4 and I said this to him. So the moment we get to the table he says "OK I can't wait any longer" and got down on one knee, said tons of sweet things I couldnt even hear bc I was looking at the ring thinking "OMG Theres a ring, he is proposing!!! this is it!!!!"
    I couldn't eat a thing and ended up leaving me $40 steak doggy bag there - still think about that steak to this day lol jk - It was great and very sweet!!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards