Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Entrence Song Help

I am trying to decide on a song for my bridal entrence. I don't like most of the traditional stuff. I would like something that is piano music with no words.  I am having a really tough time finding something. Anyone have any suggestions??
Photobucket We're Married!!!!

Re: Entrence Song Help

• I'm using the song, "This Is My Beloved" from Kismet.  I'm having a harpist,but I think it would work with a piano.
  • Look into The Vitamin String Quartet. They do beautiful covers of songs everyone knows, and more. I am actually using the string quartet version of Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional for my walk. It was my fiance's and mine song when we first started dating.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_entrence-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:049b01ca-1cd5-45f2-ba60-5ba2c25a573cPost:d19b36f8-eebd-465c-8ef2-8dfeda82e417">Re: Entrence Song Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]lmao. we're looking for a heavy metal song lol. i think it'd be funny.
    Posted by karmellah[/QUOTE]

You could always use Apocalyptica's version of Nothing Else Matters. Gorgeous with the cellos, but still very dramatic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using the theme song to Forrest Gump by Alan Silvestri, the movie has sentimental value to us but I think the song is perfect and would work for anyone.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_entrence-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:049b01ca-1cd5-45f2-ba60-5ba2c25a573cPost:6f3d8a74-f1f8-4f77-9346-24932462dfa3">Entrence Song Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am trying to decide on a song for my bridal entrence. I don't like most of the traditional stuff. I would like something that is piano music with no words.  I am having a really tough time finding something. Anyone have any suggestions??
    Posted by jessienjeremy[/QUOTE]

I'll be interested in the responses.  FI and I are walking in together -- then greeting our guests -- before finally going up to the canopy.  We have no idea what song we're using.
  • edited September 2010
    I am going to walk in to Jonathan Cain' "Bridal March".  He is the keyboardist for Journey and rearranged the traditional Bridal March for his wedding years ago.  You can look for it on You Tube.  It is absolutely beautiful!

On the topic of Metallica - my FI actually wants to use Nothing Else Matters as part of the pre-ceremony music.  It has a great deal of meaning to him.  I figure it will send my very traditional parents into some kind of fit, though!  Cool

Edit:  Here's a link to the song on You Tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyXWm_cw2E
    Anniversary
  • Third the Vitamin String Quartet rec.  They also have a youtube channel where you can listen to their music to see what you like.

Check out www.explosionsinthesky.com/">Explosions in the Sky as well.  You can listen to their music on their website.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • You guys have been a huge help... Youtube here i come!!!
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Karmellah - Have you heard "Warmness on the Soul" By Avenged Sevenfold... It is our song so we will be doing our first dance to it.  Probably not what you are looking for as it is slow but an amazing song.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards