New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Flu Shot

Anyone know where to go besides a dr. office?

Re: Flu Shot

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely CVS and I think even Target's pharmacies have offered them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Terri is right and I've seen them at Walmart in their pharmacy section as well
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    foreverbossyforeverbossy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went last night to CVS, the shot was $29.95
  • Options
    SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_flu-shot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:b4824d10-6873-4696-8163-209b0d1ed0cfPost:6f96b846-e836-402e-a6dd-7b68cc7d10bc">Re: Flu Shot</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just went last night to CVS, the shot was $29.95
    Posted by foreverbossy[/QUOTE]

Check your insurance too! Some cover flu shots!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_flu-shot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:b4824d10-6873-4696-8163-209b0d1ed0cfPost:bfd790ee-a7a4-471c-b2c4-fbf9a4129ef7">Re: Flu Shot</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flu Shot : Check your insurance too! Some cover flu shots!!!
    Posted by SandDD[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, I used to work at a health insurance company, so pay attention what your plan covers.

Quite a few cover flu shots as part of an office visit, meaning the flu shot at the doctor is covered, the one at a pharmacy is not.

So either way you'd have to pay, either the doctor visit co-pay or the charge at CVS/ Target / Walmart.

So just verify if they are covered as part of an office visit or if your plan covers them on their own. Where I worked we got tons of calls this time of year. And people realized that the $20 co-pay the doctor was a better bargain than a $29.95 shot. Or even a $15 shot because even with the $20 co-pay that got a doctor visit out of it.

So be sure to check your plan!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards