Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Question re: wedding/ shower thank yous?

Hi Girls,We're about to order our invitations and are also going to order matching thank you notes with only our first names on them.  My question is this: I was initially going to order enough thank you notes so that I can also use them for shower gifts.  Then I started wondering, is it strange to get a thank you note from a shower gift, and then a few months later get another of the exact same cards from both of us as a thank you for the wedding gift?  I tried asking FI and of course he laughed, said I'm completely overthinking this and to order however many I think we need.  Nice..... :)Did anyone else out there do this, or would you think it's strange if you were on the receiving end?  Thanks! 

Re: Question re: wedding/ shower thank yous?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would notice, honestly. Although I dont think it would upset me or anything, I would probably think it was a little odd. There are so many really cute stationery sets out there! My problem was deciding on just a few :-) I would use the matching thank yous for after the wedding, and go out and buy some different ones for the shower thank yous. HTH
  • Options
    mm2007mm2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think most people would notice because they will probably open the note read it and say oh that is nice and throw it out. No offense. but depending on how many shower thank you's you need you could just get some informal notes at like staples or something and use those and save the formal ones for the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't notice at all. I think the most important thing is send the the TY's... if they are on the same paper, then whatevs, not a big deal IMO. :)
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's strange at all.  :)  I'm DIYing our invitations & ordered matching envelopes & cardstock to make thank you cards.  I designed them with our initials on the front of a fold-over card.  I plan on using them for everything from shower gifts to wedding gifts to using them as "our" stationary after we're married.  We'll be sending out about 75 invites for about 125 guests to our wedding.  I ordered enough for 200 thank you cards.  I'm even thinking of ordering additional since I think I calculated they worked out to about $0.28 per card+envelope--and that's comparable to Target priced thank yous!
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would probably go with a regular stationary thank you card for the shower, and then you could consider doing something more personal such as those cute thank you photo cards that couples do at the wedding. That is probably what we are going to do
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did very similar variations of thank you's for our wedding. Our wedding set had our "wedding monogram" and the shower set had the same design but just an "S" for my name...I think there might be a pic in my planning bio. I don't think it's strange to use the exact same set, though I think you will find that often the shower gift is just addressed to the bride, so you may want only your name on the stationary...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards