Massachusetts-Boston
Options

JP worries -kind of long

I am sooo nervous about the JP...I had emailed him a few times over the winter and he told me that he was going to work on things...then I didn't hear from him for a bit.    I emailed him maybe a month or two ago and said that I would like to touch base with him and write a ceremony with him so I can start designing my programs and all that.....well he finally replies to me saying his brother was sick and had past and that he is sorry that he has not gotten back to me he has had a really hard time with it but would still like to do the wedding if I would like him to.  I replied and said only if you feel up to it we would love to have you but I don't want you to feel obligated.  He replied that he thought our love would help with his sorrow...haven't heard back from him since.    I wrote my own ceremony and then emailed it to him asking for his questions and concerns.  I got no reply.  We went to get our marriage license on Friday and we were told that he needed to get a special one day pass to do a ceremony in MA since he has a NH address.  So I called left a message saying you probably already know this but....bla bla bla give me a call back so we can touch base.   Nothing all weekend.   So yesterday I called and left another message....saying I am just calling to go over the wedding for 8-22 and see if you have any ideas and how the one day pass is coming along.  Please give me a call as I am nervous because we are a month away and I have not heard from you....   this is SUPER weird...   he replied he was attending the wedding with his wife no call yet for the rehearsal dinner?  What am I suppose to think?What am I suppose to do?  Is this normal?

Re: JP worries -kind of long

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If it were me, I'd cut and run to another JP. It sounds like you're trying to balance you kind, thoughtful nature against your head, which is telling you that this this gentleman, however well intentioned, is dealing with some personal issues that make it difficult for him to be attentive to your wedding. It's understandable, of course, but probably not something you need to be worrying about. I'd call again, and let him know that becasue you've been unable to get in touch with him for x weeks, you think it might be better that you try to make other arrangements. Thank him for trying to work with you, and wish him well- "I'm hopeful that this will give you the time you've been needing to spend with your family, etc." Tough situation.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp perfectly. It sounds like he has many personal matters to attend to and his attention is not on your wedding. Politely thank him and look for someone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards