Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Boudoir Pictures?

Slutty or Good gift? Please let me know what you think! Also if you've had them done let me know how the experience was! THANKS!

Re: Boudoir Pictures?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    All the ones I've seen or heard about are done very tastefully. I did that as my wedding gift for hubby and he absolutely loved them! And frankly, I had an amazing time doing them. I've never felt so sexy in my life! And I loved my pics - the photographers that the girls on this board really do a great job of making you feel comfortable and looking gorgeous. I used Rachel Hadiashar for my pics, and I highly recommend her. Here's her website [URL] <a href="http://www.mergeweddings.com" rel='nofollow'>http://www.mergeweddings.com</a> [/URL] Here's the link to the specific boudoir posts with a bunch of pics - be sure to check out all the pages [URL] <a href="http://tinyurl.com/674k8k" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/674k8k</a> [/URL]
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lots of brides rec doing them. I was considering doing it... BUt I told my friends about it and they BURST out laughing. What if they get in the wrong hands? they aren't really the type of picture that you can put up around the house. I told FI about them and he was not impressed, in his opinion it was slutty. BUT.... i am still considering doing it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely good gift! I gave FI some pix I took last year with Rachel H. He loves them! He has all the digitals -- and is always asking for more! I say go for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Slutty and a great gift! I'm totally doing them
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not only was it a good gift, the experience for me was wonderful as well - a HUGE confidence booster.  He loved them, and so did I.  I used Tess Johnson, who has gained popularity on this board since I did them... I'm sure you'll find others who would vouch for how great she makes you feel!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely great gift! I second Agnieszka Wormus.....so far, she's been wonderful via email. Her website and blog are great. I'm so looking forward to my shoot on 8.9. Check out her website and boudoir blog at abrilliantphoto.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I'll be at that session too!! :o)
  • Options
    Brads GirlBrads Girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will second Tess Johnson. Its probably the best thing I have done, and I cant wait to see the look on FI face when he sees them!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    SuzyQq02SuzyQq02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually gave mine to DH for our first anniversary (paper is the traditional gift) and he really loved them. It was very outside of the norm for me, so I think the surprise factor was also fun for him.I used Megan Dupuis from Perspectives Pinups and she was awesome.
    Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    TTC March Sig Challenge: Irish Hottie!
    Ronan O'Gara, Rugby Player... Is brea liom Corcaigh!
    My Wedding Bio from back in the day
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they're a great idea. Like Suzy did, I'll be giving mine to FI for our 1 anniversary.
  • Options
    desistoldesistol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of giving them for a first anniversary! That's my new plan :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been thinking about this for a while. I'm just wondering, after my FI gets over the initial excitement of looking at them for the 1st time, what do you do with them next? It's not really something you keep displayed around the house!
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like PP said, they can be as tasteful or edgy as you'd like. From all the reviews on here, the photographers make you very comfortable and will make you look fabulous. My thought is, when else will you have the chance in your life to do something like this? I have a studio session with Melissa Robotti in Nov. and I'm so excited! ( http://www.melissarobotti.com/blog ). She's also doing my wedding photography. I think it's a great confidence booster. Our bodies are beautiful, they should be celebrated!
  • Options
    eouelleteouellet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just did mine on Sunday with Agnieszka Wormus and had a fabulous time! I don't think any of the pics we took were slutty at all - nothing that I wouldn't show my girlfriends or even my mother for that matter (haha, I think she's dying to see them after I told her about the shoot.) I can't wait to give them to FI, he is going to LOVE them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wouldn't your hubby keep looking at them after you were married? It's not just a "look at it once and put it to the side gift," it's a gift that he'll love looking at forever.
  • Options
    kristin329kristin329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Melissa Robotti.  I loved them and enjoyed the experience.   I gave the gift to my husband the night before our wedding. When we parted ways and he went to stay at the hotel I had wrapped them with a nice card and a love letter that we were asked to write at our pre-cana class that we both decided to save and not read until the night before our wedding.My husband so loved the album.  He thought it was great that I did that for him.  He looks at it often. Go for it.  You wont regret it and he will love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards