Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Caterer Suggestions

Hi, I usually post on the NH board, as that's where I'm from, but we recently picked our venue, and it's in North Andover, MA.  I'm struggling with caterers and hoping someone has some input.  There are 2 companies the venue suggested- Harborside Catering out of Newburyport and David's out of Woburn.  I'm wondering if anyone here has used either of them, as I have dilemma's about hiring either but it will cost me an extra fee to hire off the list.  Thanks!

Re: Caterer Suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What venue are you at? I called David's and they wouldn't meet with me except on weekdays before 4. For the amount of money I was gonna be spending, I felt lik that was not cool. I ended up with Simply Elegant and they're great. He met with me at a dunkins near my house on a Saturday. I go to Michaek's in Newburyport all the time and I love it. I've heard great things about them !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another great caterer is Vinwood out of Ipswich. They do a fantastic job with both service and their food is fantastic. Best of luck!
  • Options
    BlldandiBlldandi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to an apple orchard, Smolak Farms.  I had a terrific meeting with the lady at David's, she was very fun and informative and she gave us a sample of soup while we were there and sent us home with a sampler tray for later.  The soup was fabulous!  Unfortunately the sampler was not.  My problem with Harborside is that they don't seem to communicate well via email.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh cool, we are thinking about doing our RD there. 
  • Options
    MegS09MegS09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Green Olive Catering in Woburn - amazing food, friendly staff and they really do a nice job overall. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards