Massachusetts-Boston
Options

NWR: what would you do?

So FI cousin is staying with us this weekend with a friend who is male (cousin is female).  They are going into their senior year of high school.  She says he is just a friend...but I heard two of the aunts (her mom and another) discussing how they were worried about her and boys.  Do we let them sleep in the same room?  Its close quarters and a loft with open ceilings, so if they were in the same room they would have to be really ballsy to do anything...but I don't want to get in trouble with the new fam!
GP February Siggy Challenge:
Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: NWR: what would you do?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would let them stay up there, as you said its such close quarters that it would be ballsy (and probably really awkward) if they did anything. Plus, you can't really stop them- sleeping in seperate rooms does nothing, they can always sneak around. I wouldn't really worry about it.... Although FI's sister stays at our apt. on the regular whenever her BF is home from leave from the Marines for the same reason you're worried about his cousin .....so maybe I'm just a bad role model lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If mom of said cousin is worrying about it, I'd have boy sleep on the couch and girl sleep in the bedroom. It's not about the kids or what they may or may not attempt to do, but it enables you to look at your FI's family and say "yep- Sarah was in the bedroomn and Johnny crashed on the couch." What actually transpires during the night is neither here nor there because you made a good faith effort to do what the adults in their family would find most appropriate (weren't "aiding and abetting," in their eyes). To me, it wouldn't be worth the risk of potentially upsetting the new family.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Ainsile and think they should sleep separately. Even if they are just friends, not even being out of high school, I wouldn't allow it. And your fam did say something that would arise curiosity out of me, and you don't want to upset them. However, if you really want to do right, I would probably ask the girls mother. I wouldn't ask her outright, unless you are kinda close with her, I would do something along the lines of "oh I am happy to have them this weekend, just sad that we don't have a bigger apartment so they could each have their own bedrooms, the couch isn't that comfortable after all." And maybe see how she reacts to that... just my opinion!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with having them sleep in separate rooms. If her mom is worried about it, then you should probably respect her concerns and think the way she would. And like you said, you don't want to look bad in front of the in laws!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards