Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Parents Gifts?

Just wondering if it is standard to give parents gifts and what ideas anyone has?  Also WHEN do you give these gifts... rehearsal dinner night, before ceremony??FI's parents are married still, mine are not.  Do we give each parent an individual gift or one gift for both?Thanks!

Re: Parents Gifts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are giving both sets of parents albums of wedding pics. We will give them a blank album with a little written note on the inside explaining that when the wedding is over we will pay for their favorite pics to be in the album. As for when, we will probably do it during the welcome dinner (not having a rehearsal dinner). Since you have divorced parents I think you should give them two gifts... not have them share one. hth!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we each got our parents gift cards for restaurants and we're going to give them each an album (which we'll talk to each of them about during the holidays-we're all in different states). we gave them their gifts at the RD. and I would give them each something separate. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I was considering a silver or crystal frame, but like the album idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a digital photo frame for each set of parents, and giving them at the rehearsal dinner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Besides albums, we'll be giving each parent something that suits their taste/interest... FMIL is getting a gift card to the spa... New grilling stuff for FFIL, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all for the good suggestions, I like the thought of a frame for all and then something unique for each....THanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both our parents are divorced, fathers are remarried - so we're doing couple gifts for our fathers/stepmothers, and individual gifts for our mothers. The first idea was to do one of our e-pics in a nice frame with a card that said they'd be getting an album after the wedding. I'm not a huge fan of giving people photos of myself, so I really want to make charitable donations to causes my parents care about in their name - each one of them has given us so much to make this wedding happen (either money, time or support) - they gave to us, I'd like to give back. FI isn't 100% on board with this yet though...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We gave our gifts at the RD and here's what we gave: my parents: we signed them up to take a mosaic class (my dad's an artist, my mom is artsy) together for 7 weeks, embroidered hanky each, and earrings for my mom MIL: embroidered hanky, same earrings as my mom but different color (they were bird's nests...sounds a little weird ha) and then as her bday was right before the wedding and we went in on a digital camera with SILs, that counted as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards