New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Tappan Hill for 230 guests?

Hi everyone,

My FI, my mom and I all love Tappan Hill and we have heard nothing but wonderful things about their service and food. My only concern is that guests will feel crowded or cramped in the ballroom because of the low ceilings and small space. We are maxing out the room at 230. Has anyone had their wedding there or been to one for over 200 guests?

Thanks!

Re: Tappan Hill for 230 guests?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It will be tight with 230 guests.  I too looked at Tappan Hill and was considering it as a wedding venue, but we decided to book elsewhere due to the size of the room.  They will tell you that they can fit 230 people, but your guests will be squished in a corner and won't have much room to move, let alone dance.

Did you check out the NY Botanical Gardens?  They have a larger ballroom and it is still Abigail Kirsch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much. I had the same initial reaction to the place. I am going to look at the Botanical gardens, and also the Siwanoy Country Club in Bronxbille. know anything about that?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My final two reception choices were between the Bronx Botanical Gardens and The Rockleigh.  We ended up booking with The Rockleigh in northern NJ (it borders Rockland County). 

Sorry, I don't know about the Country club in Bronxville.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards