Massachusetts-Boston
Options

DIY card box

There was a post a few weeks ago about card boxes and I saw one in a bio that I loved. In my infinite wisdom, I made no attempt to save/remember whose bio it was in. There were two or three boxes that were decorated and stacked on top of one another with a slit in the top one and holes in the other one or two so that the cards would go down into the bottom tier. Does this sound like your card box or do you know of a knottie who has one like this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: DIY card box

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if it was mine, but there is a PIB of my card box that fits your description.HTH!
    *Kelly* MARRIED to the love of my life October 17, 2009!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think someone posted pics that they saw on ETSY.com. I bought a box from another knottie.  It is 4 picture frames connected to make a box and cardboard top, that I will cover with fabric
  • Options
    Jacqui926Jacqui926 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I didn't post about this but I did make my own card box and it sounds a lot like what you're looking for. It was actually really easy! I got a three boxes from Michael's in graduated sizes, cut holes out of the tops of the middle and bottom box and a hole out of the bottom of the top box. I wrapped all three in a very pretty white wedding paper, stacked and hot glued them together. I cut a slit out for the cards and hot glued a pretty pearl trim around it, added chocolate brown ribbon around the base of each box, and pink flowers to the top. I got a ton of compliments on it and I'll be making a few for some friends. I'll try to include the image but I apologize in advance if it doesn't work!! http://tiny.cc/5aAQk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards