Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Vendor Reviews

JK Design Studios Photography:  A+++++  I've seen some of the raw unedited pics and they are amazing.  John Karambalas was awesome to work with an utterly talented.  I would recommend him to anyone!Lyndsay Loring Designs: A+++ Lyndsay did a great job with the floral arrangements....specifically since I had her dying flowers to colors that most florists won't touch!  Everyone at the weddng commented on how gorgeous that bouquets were.  I would recommend to her to anyone, especially if you're lookin gfor gorgeous flowers on a budget....she is very reasonable!  Makin Entertainment:  A+  I booked Michael Dinsmore after seeing him at another wedding....which by the way was the most fun we ever had at a wedding.  He did an amazing job at ours too, a whole bunch of engaged guests asked for cards at the end of the night.  He kept my guests up and dancing the whole night.  Hes very easy going and made things run so smoothly!!!Joseph's Bakery:  D  I had used Joseph's in the past and they did an amazing job, so of course when it came time for my cake I went there.  So, firstly my cake came late.  It was coming in as I was passing through to walk down the aisle.  Second, it was melted, looked like crap, and third I bought a cake that should feed 200 people and there wasn't enought for 140 guests...sliced very thin.  I was so dissapointed and they are not taking responsibility.  I will never use them again.  Please do yourself a favor....don't use them.  Copley Players String Quartet: A+  They were awesome!  It helps that all the players are in the BSO.  However, my guests were raving about them.  They are a little pricey, but if your prioritites run with the music selection....they are totally worth it!Camilla's Bridal:  B+/A-   I love Camilla's!  They are so helpful and all of them are wonderful people.  I marked them down a little only because they ordered my dress in the wrong size and there wasn't time to reorder once it came in.  They rectified the mistake by doing my alterations really cheaply and they did crazy things to the dress to make it work, however I had to wonder if my dress would have looked better if it had been the right size before alterations.  Even with that little mistake, I would totally recommend them to everyone looking for an awesome dress and a comfortable non pushing atmosphere in which to choose it!  David's Bridal:  C  Not worth it.  Bought my bride's maid dresses there.  They acted like they could do without the sale.  The dresses were not in the best shape when they came in and two of them had to be sent back.  Also, they screwed me over on a previous wedding dress sale that they promised to rectifty and didn't.  DiBurros:  A+++  Dave Diburro was so helpful throughout the whole planning process.  We had our ceremony and our reception there and both were gorgeous.  People commented the whole night on how awesome the food was and how helpful the staff was.  The prices compared to other function halls were absolutely amazing !  DH and I feel like we couldn't have done better!  Michelle Jones:  A+++  Michelle did an amazing job on our invites, seating cards, programs, table cards, favors, and centerpeices!  People commented the whole night on how beautiful everything was.  She's awesome to work with and I would recommend her to anyone. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's terrible about your cake!! I'm glad that your day went well despite that problem. :o)
  • Options
    LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with JB! Holly, maybe you can get jenwindy to help you with negotiating with the baker. She seems to do very well in that department. You should be reimbursed for their mistakes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry about your cake!! I love Joseph's too, such a shame! I heard they didn't deliver wedding cakes, so I wasn't going to check them out, now I am def not! DiBurros is such a nice place and you don't hear about it too often on here. I am not having my wedding there but have been to many. Who is Michelle Jones? Or is it a company?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ABColeslawABColeslaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michelle Jones is in the process of starting a new company.  I used her name because she hasn't chosen a company name yet.  Shes been doing stuff for weddings in my family and friend's families for years, but never under a formal company name.  I think after years of awesome reviews shes been convinced to open her art to everyone. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards