Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Poll: Whatta man whatta man...

...and now you have that song in your head :) Brag about FI/DH here!1) His best physical feature:2) Best personality trait:3) Best present he ever got you:4) Boxers or briefs?'5) Best wedding contribution:6) Special thing he does to cheer you up:7) When did you know he was the one?

Re: Poll: Whatta man whatta man...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: his eyes...beautiful green eyes2) Best personality trait: his sense of humor 3) Best present he ever got you:my digital slr for my bday last year4) Boxers or briefs?: boxers5) Best wedding contribution:  the hall...he was the one who found it and wanted to go visit it 6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: quotes family guy episodes...even when I'm mad he gets me laughing7) When did you know he was the one?: our first date...we spent a whole day in boston and in north station waiting for the train we were just standing there together laughing dancing talking it was like there was no one else in the room
    169 image 59 image 8 image 102 image ** RSVP Date: May 28th **
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: I can't pick!  Arms and eyes2) Best personality trait: Tolerance/ patience (I have none of either!) and sense of humor (that I have too)3) Best present he ever got you: LOL it sound weird, but in HS, I wanted mosquito netting hung over my bed, and he bought it and hung it up for me.4) Boxers or briefs?' Boxers, sometimes boxer briefs if he goes for a run5) Best wedding contribution: handling his mother, hands down6) Special thing he does to cheer you up:  Makes me feel safe.  Aww, I know.7) When did you know he was the one? We've been dating since we were 16-17, but to be honest, it was pretty early on. I just knew he was special.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: his smile, or his cute butt2) Best personality trait: his enduring patience and calmness mixed with steady ambition3) Best present he ever got you: when we were poor and in college he made me a bouquet of construction paper flowers for our monthaversary4) Boxers or briefs? boxers5) Best wedding contribution: all our paper (except invites) he designed and produced everything6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: leaves me sticky notes with love messages in surprise places for me to find7) When did you know he was the one? I may or may not have told him I loved him over a game of beruit during spinrg weekend at college. Yeah, that was two weeks into our relationship. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature:2) Best personality trait:3) Best present he ever got you:4) Boxers or briefs?'5) Best wedding contribution:6) Special thing he does to cheer you up:7) When did you know he was the one?1 - His eyes and his chest, I always nap on him.2 - FI always finds a way to find the best in eveything. I can be a bit of a pressimist and he's the total opposite, so we balance eachother nicely. 3 - Diamond earrings and a trip to NYC just because! (not including my engagement ring!)4- Boxers (my favorites are the shamorock ones!)5 - Keeping me sane. 6 - Bought me an orchid the other day when I really needed it. 7 - After a 4 hour phone call, I got a text that said "I already miss you" ....and I felt the same way. My FI is the best....and he's a hot fireman...wink wink.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meg - I can only imagine your drunken state if it was spring weekend. I love Mike :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His eyes, he has one green and one blue and they are so beautiful - I wish he wouldn't hide behind glasses so much! 2) Oooh, can't pick just one; kind, generous, intelligent, practical... 3) Tough one, I tell him not to get me presents, haha! I guess my engagement ring? We got engaged Christmas Eve so it's technically a present... 4) Boxers 5) All the DIY/Building work he's doing. I come home with these crazy plans and he builds them for me. Plus just being completely supportive and talking me off ledges is a really great contribution. 6) He looks at me, smiles, and shakes his head - that's when I know I've gone off the deep end and need to lighten up. 7) Hmm - that's hard, it didn't hit me like a bolt of lightning or anything - I think I've always known, in some way shape or form - but can't really put words to it... I just want to thank the Knot Gods in sending us Meaghan and her polls when there is no work to be done and you're stuck at a desk! Amen!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another good poll :-)1) His best physical feature: His eyes! Bright and blue! 2) Best personality trait: He isn't afraid to be himself. I love him for that. 3) Best present he ever got you: He has been planning a wedding gift for awhile though, so I am anxious to see what that will be!!4) Boxers or briefs?' Briefs. Haha he would die if he knew I shared this publicly...He hangs on to clothes forever until I throw them away behind his back (he hates that, too). So lately he has been wearing all of this old underwear with saggy butts that he calls his "dumpy undies"...makes me giggle every time he says it! I need to throw those away ASAP!5) Best wedding contribution: Being so excited about everything--it makes working together to plan the event so wonderful. Also he has coordinated the band and DJ on his own, which is a huge relief for me.6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: a silly little dance that always cracks me up. It's kind of like the peanut-butter-jelly-time dance!7) When did you know he was the one? Cheese Alert! the moment we met.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    erilou..I totally get you on the glasses thing...fiance has to wear his glasses all the  time and when he takes them off its like another person.
    169 image 59 image 8 image 102 image ** RSVP Date: May 28th **
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: I love his smile/laugh 2) Best personality trait: He's very calm 3) Best present he ever got you: A diamond necklace our first Christmas together (about 10 months into the relationship) 4) Boxers or briefs: Boxers 5) Best wedding contribution: He found the song for our first dance (Stay With You by John Legend) 6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: He snuggles me, it always makes me feel better 7) When did you know he was the one: I don't know, it was very early on, though. I'd say within the first two months. His parents knew we were meant to be together the first time they met me (two months in to the relationship).
  • Options
    Brads GirlBrads Girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. His blue eyes and his calf muscles(i am totally jealous of them haha) 2. He has a knack for bringing me back down to reality! 3. He got me dance lessons as an early wedding gift. He knew how much I wanted them and I didn't think it was in the budget 4. Boxer briefs 5. See #3 above. He's also handling the music and booze 6. Plays his guitar and makes up new words to random songs 7. Ummmm pretty early on, honestly there wasn't one defining moment. We just kinda fit and so do our families, so I think it was just a natural thing
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    crimson - yes! He takes them off, I'm like "who is that hunk in my bed?" Hehehe... I can't bug him about it though because I wear glasses too every day now that I'm allergic to contacts (LAME!).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahah yes, well I have to admit I work better when there si something fun to keep me entertained. At least that is what I tell myself, right? ;)Kenz - this one is for you. Tri-cycle races by the apartments, illegal open container, me knowing Mike for two weeks = classic spring weekend pic circa May 2006[img]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/n97rpq" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/n97rpq</a>[/img]
  • Options
    LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: This is weird, but his legs. He has these long and lean legs that would be perfect if he was a female model, minus the hair of course! 2) Best personality trait: He's very patient and calm, especially when I'm flustered. 3) Best present he ever got you: i love my new macbook. i can finally watch youtube and hulu. my 4-year old clunker wouldn't be able to handle even a short clip4) Boxers or briefs?' boxers always5) Best wedding contribution: honeymoon6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: a BIG bear hug7) When did you know he was the one? when I saw how well he interacted my brother, who has aspergers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: His Chessy Smile :O)2) Best personality trait: Sense of Humour and he can be the next Dr. Phil. He always has the right thing to say and makes you think about situatuins.3) Best present he ever got you: Hand Made Card and ROSES I love roses! 4) Boxers or briefs?' Both5) Best wedding contribution:Havent done much planning just yet.6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: He reminds me that he loves me and that things will get better. 7) When did you know he was the one? After he went to my Junior prom with me, I was soooo into him, and worst thing was that he didnt even try to kiss me! lol
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love your polls:1) His best physical feature: His eyes.  :) so dreamy and his smile. 2) Best personality trait: willing to give his soul for any of his friends. without question. 3) Best present he ever got you: SO many.. he's a giver.  My letterpress, cars, diamonds, vacations... i've gotten it all. 4) Boxers or briefs?' used to be boxers, now its the boxer briefs, and I like those better. ;)5) Best wedding contribution: HONEYMOON! :)6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: nuzzles me with his face. 7) When did you know he was the one? I knew 10 years ago he was the one.  I just had to sit with him for 1 min while he told me his name.  Can't even explain it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: his eyes - bright blues... im jealous of them but at least I get to look at them forever!2) Best personality trait: definitely sense of humor - he is hilarious and I think being able to keep people laughing is invaluable3) Best present he ever got you: my ring if that counts. last xmas he got me a lexus which was also pretty nice... ;) 4) Boxers or briefs? boxers5) Best wedding contribution: honestly, making me feel better when i'm stressed ;) 6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: when i'm stressed, he's great at talking through things with me to make me see how silly i am being7) When did you know he was the one? when i got in a messy car accident disaster after we had been dating only 1 month and he didnt bat an eye at paying my $7500 lawyer fees and totally helped me through it emotionally
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: Height and overall "big guy-ness" :)2) Best personality trait: Smart / Well-read3) Best present he ever got you: Dankso shoes..I didn't even ask for them because they were expensive but he knew I wanted them and it was SUCH a surprise!4) Boxers or briefs?' Boxer-briefs5) Best wedding contribution: None really so far...but I know he wants to plan the honeymoon6) Special thing he does to cheer you up:  If I'm sick he goes out and buys me Orange Juice with pulp and he HATES pulp.7) When did you know he was the one?  Very very early in our relationship I had a few binge drinking episodes and ended up on his bathroom floor crying, ugly and calling him horrible things.  When he forgave me after all that (he knew it was the booze talking), I knew this was it.
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: his infectious smile2) Best personality trait:  he holds true to this principles, no matter what3) Best present he ever got you: my handbag collection.  Luckily for me, he speaks Chanel =) 5) Best wedding contribution: his willingness to take dance lessons with me - tied with - a surprise honeymoon trip to Morrocco6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: he takes me out for ice cream7) When did you know he was the one? At the 3-year mark, I decided to move from NYC to Philly for grad school.  Without any prodding from me, he decided to follow me there.  I figured, if he's willing to relocate to such a sh!tty city just to stick it out with me, he must be worth it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: If I'm sick he goes out and buys me Orange Juice with pulp and he HATES pulp.I love it!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: Me: His smile. Him: His arms.2) Best personality trait: Forgiving and family-oriented3) Best present he ever got you: He couldn't attend my college graduation so he made an edited dvd video message with himself in it. It made me cry. The most useful gift was an iPod because I use it frequently when I work out.4) Boxers or briefs?' Boxers5) Best wedding contribution: He took dance lessons. He also worked on our card box.6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: Gives me a hug7) When did you know he was the one? I had a lonely moment when he went out for Halloween with his friends. I was a tiny bit upset at him even though we were only friends online and had not met yet. I didn't "know" he was the one at that time but that was definitely one of the first times I felt something. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! love these polls! 1) His best physical feature: he is 6'4" which i LOVE...and as a lifelong dancer, he has the most muscular legs and upper body 2) Best personality trait: he is absurdly patient. unlike me, ha! 3) Best present he ever got you: at the RD he presented me with an album full of every ticket from every event/show/movie/sporting event we have ever gone to, including our first date at a Pirates game in Pittsburgh 4 years ago...and the last two tickets were to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway last week...because I managed to get a degree in theatre and never see the show! 4) Boxers or briefs? boxer briefs...and despite being a giant white man, he has a big ole ghetto booty...me likey. 5) Best wedding contribution: he took care of a lot of little details on projects that i would start and manage to not finish... 6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: he will put on a ridiculously cheesy song and do a very serious mia michaels SYTYCD-style performance...naked. 7) When did you know he was the one? cheesy, but....there was no defining moment. we just started dating and that was that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: Eyes or arms2) Best personality trait: kindness and sense of humor3) Best present he ever got you: besides the e-ring... for jewelry- set of pearl earrings and necklace after I lost my mothers setother- vacay to maine for my birthday during out first year together4) Boxers or briefs?'boxers for everyday, boxer briefs when he works out  ;)5) Best wedding contribution: ehhh, he hasn't done anything by himself yet but he also has an opinion which is nice6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: kisses my forehead, listens to my rant, buys me flowers7) When did you know he was the one?  6 weeks after our first date
  • Options
    jamidandedbjamidandedb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: his nipples :)2) Best personality trait: he's as sarcastic as I am3) Best present he ever got you: Paula Dean tickets for our anniversary4) Boxers or briefs?' Boxer briefs usually, except on weekends5) Best wedding contribution: Seating arrangements.  Yup, I never touched that one6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: Makes me waffles and a margarita7) When did you know he was the one  Um, the first time I stayed at his place, a month and a half into the relationship.  He got me drunk so i wouldn't drive home.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meg - LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: His thick, dark hair.  I like his adorable butt, too ;)2) Best personality trait:  It can be a blessing and a curse, but he never takes anything too seriously.  He's really good at just rolling with the punches.3) Best present he ever got you:  he's a "say I love you with electronics" kind of guy.  He also paid for me to take a photography class for my last birthday, which I loved.4) Boxers or briefs?' boxers or boxer briefs5) Best wedding contribution: listening to me gripe about everyone who's giving me grief6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: he tries to make me laugh7) When did you know he was the one?  we were at a crossroads in our relationship after going through a really rough patch, and he wanted to back off and be just friends.  I told him that if we were breaking up, then I couldn't see him anymore at all because we were really crappy at being "just" friends, and I couldn't put myself through the heartbreak.  I told him that the ball was in his court and to sleep on it.  He left, and I got a phone call from him 15 minutes later saying that he thought about it on his way home and he couldn't just let me out of his life like that, I meant too much to him.  I knew then that if he wasn't going anywhere then, he wasn't ever going anywhere.  I also know now that if our relationship could survive that period, we could survive anything together.
    *Kelly* MARRIED to the love of my life October 17, 2009!
  • Options
    lburkey21lburkey21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: eyes or chest2) Best personality trait: his passion for coaching and his wit3) Best present he ever got you: for Valentine's Day he made me this construction paper book of our story together4) Boxers or briefs? boxer briefs5) Best wedding contribution: he's really into coming up with ideas so we have good brainstorming sessions6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: he likes to nuzzle my neck and kind of sniff around my neck just under my ear, like a little puppy7) When did you know he was the one? when we met, he was already dating someone but we just had an instant connection. I knew he was the one when I tried to distance myself from him and it was absolutely impossible for me. I knew that I couldn't be without him
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1) 6'3 - love the 1 ft differential, shoulders, blue eyes when he does these innocent puppy dog faces2) fiercely loyal - once he lets his guard down and lets you in he will do absolutely anything for you - but once you cross him forget it -- i also love that he is manly, sporty, and yet comfortable being vulnerable and soft with me3) a locket with two hearts etched on the front and the word strength engraved on the back (my tattoo and I was going through a lot) - it was only one month after we started dating - he said I could put whatever pictures I wanted in it I obviously went and put pictures of us in it right away4) Boxers - boxer briefs occasionally which I prefer - I desperately need to buy him new boxers as most of them have holes in them 5) honeymoon!  booked everything, and took care of the save the date cards, and helped out a lot with thank you cards - even bought us a nifty return address stamp6) when I'm really anxious he'll automatically stop what he is doing and let me lay on him and hold me because its the only way I can breathe again usually (well immediate way)7) the first night he stayed over in my crappy dorm room we just cuddled and talked and while I was laying on him I told him that he made me feel safe - incredibly safe - and I've been through a lot and was going through a lot so that was such an incredible and great feeling - and when I told him (I also told him he wouldn't understand yet) he didn't think it was weird at all and agreed - that's when I knew he was really special and different
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature: His big brown eyes. 2) Best personality trait: Sense of humor, definitely. We can go from serious to silly in two seconds...3) Best present he ever got you: 1st Christmas together he got me a diamond and tanzanite necklace.4) Boxers or briefs? Boxer briefs, lol5) Best wedding contribution: Being supportive when my parents get on my nerves.6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: Does buying me wine count? :o)7) When did you know he was the one? Calling him at work when I was in Key West and freaking out after being in the Butterfly Preserve (apparently I don't like have flocks of butterflies fly around my head... who knew). He was so calm on the phone and just hearing his voice made me feel better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) His best physical feature:  eyes2) Best personality trait: lots---funny, do anything for friends anc family3) Best present he ever got you: my ring4) Boxers or briefs?' boxers5) Best wedding contribution:  still waiting6) Special thing he does to cheer you up:  makes up funny songs, and writes notes7) When did you know he was the one?  one day we were watching extreme home makeover, somewhat early in th relationship.  it was about a mother who was paralyzed and in a wheelchair.  he says, "if that happened to you, i'd take care of you."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fun poll, thanks!1) His best physical feature: His amazing smile (he also has incredible blue and grey marbled eyes)2) Best personality trait: Toss-up between being the most generous person in the world and being the best listener in the world3) Best present he ever got you: My engagement ring, but after that my ipod... couldn't live without it4) Boxers or briefs?' Boxer-briefs5) Best wedding contribution: Being involved and REALLY caring about the small choices and helping to make decisions of all kinds... 6) Special thing he does to cheer you up: Scratches my back for hours. Poor guy.7) When did you know he was the one?  Sounds cheesy, but the first time I saw him I felt like he had a glow around him and I got really warm and flushed. I'm not a flusher.About a month later I went to get my hair cut and I told my stylist that I needed to grow my hair out for my wedding. The whole first year we dated, he sent me an email every single day, and we celebrated our anniversary every month. We just fit... I can't explain it.   Seems like from the beginning everything fell into place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards