Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Florists Recommendations?

Can you guys send me your florist recommendations? So far, I have made appts with the Tangled Webb, Tangerine Creations, and Mimosa. What did you like about your florist? What didn't you like? etc? Thanks.

Re: Florists Recommendations?

• Options
    Scarlet856Scarlet856 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there. We're using Andrea D'Amelio in Stoneham. She has been great to work with so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My final decision was between Mimosa and Tangerine! Both are great, so GL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bert Ford from Ford Flowers in Salem NH. What I liked best was that my flowers were drop dead gorgeous. A few PIB, let me know if you would like to see more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My top two were Spruce Floral and Tangled Web, and I ended up booking with Tangled Web. I'm sure you've read all the raves on her about Jen at TW and they are all right! :o)  I can't even think of a negative thing to say!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love love our florists, Petalena.... I actually found them from another knottie rec.  I didn't really know what I wanted for flowers so I just described to them the overall feel that I wanted for our wedding.  They gave tons of great ideas and sent a mock up of pictures.  I think when you talk to people you'll get a sense of whether or not they get your "vision".... to me that was more important because I didn't have specific flowers in mind that I liked.  Also they're really creative and enthusiastic about what they do, which I loved - they even have a fun blog: http://petalena.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Andrea D'Amelio from AD Floral Design in Stoneham.  She was so helpful when I met with her and really helped form my vision of the whole wedding.  I am on a budget and she had some great suggestions for trimming the floral costs.  Highly recommend!
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Sweetferns out of Plymouth, which might be a bit of a hike for you.  Gale is wonderful, affordable, flexible and talented.  If she is too far, I've only heard wonderful comments about Tangled Web.
  • Options
    richkatmrichkatm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Petals Inc. in Peabody! I love my bouquet and so far they've been good to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Rachel from RCH Designs.  I meet with 9 florists and loved her.  She's super sweet, very reasonably priced, has great ideas.  Once you meet with people you'll be able to see who you click with and who gets your vision.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Suzanne Bellanger at Bella Floral Design. Review in bio (under Vendor Reviews) and pics of actual flowers in bio too (under Flowers). [URL] <a href="http://www.bellafloraldesign.com" rel='nofollow'>http://www.bellafloraldesign.com</a> [/URL]
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am obsessed with Jen Cahill of the Tangled Web. I'll post photos after my August 15th wedding. Inspiration photos (some of the arrangements done by her) in my bio--I just can't say enough about how amazing she's been to work with. When you say something, she gets it exactly, more than any other vendor I've worked with. And she is SO reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Rachel from RCH great prices and I let her do whatever she wanted (we didn't have centerpieces so it was just bridal and church flowers) but she did AMAZING work. Def worth checking out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Judy from Judy's Village Flowers in Foxboro, MA and loved her and our flowers! GL! ~erin~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Carey from Stems Floral Design.  Incredibly reasonable for a lot of big flowers! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sboston, I didn't know you were using Andrea D'amelio for flowers, too. She was great. Psst.. how was your trip??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used The Celebrated Flower out of Somerville. They were fantastic. I LOVED my bouquet. :)
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jeni, I always like to hear good things about Andrea.  She's one of my favorite vendors so far! The trip was amazing...we love the German culture and the beergardens.  The food was amazing and we walked a ton.  I personally liked Munich wayy way more than Berlin but both were very fun.  And it wasn't too touristy either which was an unexpected surprise!
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    thuyvlamthuyvlam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey FoolforFood-- Thanks for your suggestion. Out of curiosity, are you still selling those hair pieces? Did they stay in your hair? I always have a hard time keeping things like that in my hair since I have such fine hair. How much are you selling them for? Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thuy, they clip onto your hair, almost like a barrett, not like a comb, so they should stay in your hair.  I didn't have any problems.  If you're still interested, shoot me an email at foolforfood at yahoo.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards