Options

POLL: Bouquet toss?

2»

Re: POLL: Bouquet toss?

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely not.  I really don't like the implication that all the single women are desperately competing to get married.  Plus, the only truly "single" people at our wedding will be in their 30s, and a bit old for this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing it because we have wonderful balcony over-looking the reception hall.  I'm toying with the idea of tossing many "mini bouquets" because no one will be able to see because I'll be high up.Also we are doing the garter just for fun, but we're not making anyone dance together or anything like that.  No one has to put it on one of the single ladies...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi. I'm not doing a bouquet toss, but I am the opposite of you, of my primary group of friends and family members I am almost one of the last to get married!(I'm 31). So no, for me there wouldn't be that many people there who aren't married already! I am also not doing the garter toss. And....when I go to weddings, i dread the bouquet toss. And i've been with the same guy for 7 years! I just hate going up there and being part of it. That said though, if your friends are excited about it - then why not do it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing it. Instead we are going to do an anniversary dance and give the toss bouquet to the last couple :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MDalto421MDalto421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not doing it - too awkward for all the single ladies, which wont be many
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Didn't do it.  My florist even offered to provide a free toss bouquet and I didn't want it.  Too cheesy and gimicky for me. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing it! Most of my reasons have already been mentioned by others!! The really big reason though is that I don't want to slow down the party!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am SUCH a flip-flopper but I finally decided (when I had to send in my final outline to my band) that I'm not doing it either. Even though I have a fun crowd, lots of single girls, first to get married in the crowd--I started to think about how many friends I have who are always talking about wanting to meet someone (and as I say, I'm in my late 20's--29 next month--so lots of my friends feel they "should" have someone "by now," feeling bad about being single, etc.) So--probably would not be the best to draw that out in anyone and kind of highlight it. Wouldn't be the end of the world, but I guess it's the best thing not to do it for my crowd. Thanks again for the input.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards