Massachusetts-Boston

Bar/Lounge Ideas for Wedding Pre-Party??

We are already hosting a nice welcome reception on Friday night for all off our OOT guests, but almost everyone is coming in on Thursday and everyone wants to get together (as I keep hearing!!). Any ideas for a bar/lounge that would be a great meeting place? Most guests are staying at the Fairmont Copley and we have a lot of guests coming over from the Thursday night game at Fenway. I thought I heard someone on here mention a bar gave them a private room just by guaranteeing a certain # of people? TIA!!

Re: Bar/Lounge Ideas for Wedding Pre-Party??

• edited December 2011
    Not sure if you are looking for a bar scene, or something specifically private.I like the bars in the Lennox hotel, they are close by and you have a choice: Solas is more of a pub-style and City Bar has good martinis.Also, I'm biased, but I really like Bar Lola for tapas and sangria.Match on Mass. Ave has martinis and mini burgers, and a good sized lounge.In the other direction Whiskey Park (reserves tables I think), or maybe some of the bar/restaurants in the mall... Turner Fisheries has a nice lounge.The Bristol Lounge in the Four Season, may be a little pricey.  No idea about reservations.Bonfire (a Todd English restaurant) has interesting drinks.  Lir on Boylston Street has an upstairs that I think can be reserved before 9 at no charge.  Good luck and be in tough for further suggestions, I have lots!
  • edited December 2011
    I think the Living Room would be a really cool place for this... its in the North End and has a great atmosphere and cool vibe. I was the person who was discussing reserving a part of a bar w/ a certain amount of people. The bar was Lir (rec. by Angela). Not sure on the exact number but I think there had to be at least 20 people and the private section would be opened up by 10:30. We started at 7:30. The bar catered food, there was a bar area in the section and there were reduced drink prices. Either way it was a great location and perfect for what my friends wanted- they were throwing fi and I an engagement party. If you have any other questions on Lir feel free to page me  :)
  • edited December 2011
     How about Bar 10 right across in the Westin Copley- pretty cool atmosphere, and super-convenient to your hotel.
  • edited December 2011
    Loooove Bar Lola.  We started out my b-party there.  Such a great atmosphere and tasty snacks.
  • Moneypenny424Moneypenny424 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Bar Lola and Bar 10.  28 Degrees in the South End is also good.  I had my birthday party there and they reserved an area for us (no minimums or anything, just told them how many people we were having).
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!! I also love 28 degrees but i was hoping to have something ppl could walk to. Sounds like Lir was the one I heard about with the upstairs room - I'll check into these options!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Jury's is great. I've always had a fabulous time there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards