Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Photo Sharing Cards Question

Hi All- Would you please list the websites/photo sharing sites that you are using.  I only recently learned about this and want to do this, but I'm not sure how.  Here's my understanding:I set up an account (at whatever site), then post the link on our website and put info cards out at the reception right?It's too late to include in our invites because they already went out.  Sorry I'm technically challenged, any help or suggestions would be great.  Also, if there are sample reception cards floating around, I'd love to see those too!Thanks for sharing!A

Re: Photo Sharing Cards Question

• Options
    Scarlet856Scarlet856 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using flicker. I printed the actual cards on the free business cards from vista print. PIB. On the cards we give guests the flicker website and our login information. Guests can upload their pictures and see the photos that everyone else uploads as well. We are going to put them out at the reception but some people put them in thank you cards as well. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PIB of ours under paper/DIY. We used dotphoto.com because it allowed me to download the hi-res images people uploaded.
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    CS1194CS1194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Picasa (google's image sharing program) because it lets you preserve the image size and is easy to order prints from. Added a line in the back of the program, and then emailed our friends and family with the information after, because we knew a lot would loose the info. I would say 8 or 9 people uploaded their photos, which wasn't bad. A lot just tagged us on facebook, which was nice except I can't use those to print from.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for these options, and also for the Vista Print rec! I'll post once we decide and get the cards done. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The one thing about using Flickr is that they have a montly limit on how many photos you can upload unless you have a paid account with them! It's not that expensive, but some people aren't aware of that :) GL!
  • Options
    Scarlet856Scarlet856 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Angela, If you're interested in using vista print just sign up for their emails and they will send you daily offers for free postcards, business cards etc. then you just have to pay shipping. There is no real code though, you just have to click on the offer link in their emails. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards