Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Discussion: SC

Siggy Challenges. My club board never really did them (although I did come in at the tail end of things...). Do you girls do them? Do you like them? What is the deal with them? Do we want to do a Boston one? I am not the biggest fan of overkill siggies but I like knowing tidbits about people. Thoughts? Love/hate? Bueller?

Re: Discussion: SC

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Love! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love like we should have one here? Or do they best belong on month boards. I would totally do it. They would be so fun to brainstorm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not familiar with what you ladies are refering to. :O( Can you explain?
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never got into my monthly board, but I've always harbored a secret SC jealousy.  I've noticed that Jbsbride is involved in the best SCs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed about JB's!! FYI: A siggy challenge is often done by month boards. Some one (or a group) brainstorms different categories of fun things to put in your signature. Some include things like "wedding cake inspiration" or "tv couple you are most like." They switch them every week/month. Then you put a pic of it in your profile. (Def want JB's maybach). It is a fun way to learn stuff about other people. It may be a bitttt trickier because we are all at different planning stages but I think we could make it work.
  • Options
    richkatmrichkatm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd do it!  I think they're fun. We do them on my club board too.
  • Options
    sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd totally do it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just wouldn't want it to get out of control. You know, the sigs with pic of FI,dogs, tickers, AND club/boston sig challenge. With that much stuff you can barely read what people are writing lol! Also, I sometimes feel like they can get 'exclusive' and people feel like they are not welcome to join. I def wouldn't want that... it can be intimidating to newbies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    June 2010 does have the best SC's don't we? lol  Srsly, we have weekly SCs and I don't do them every week... Mostly when I like the SC and I'm motivated enough to do it. :o)  Here's the list of our SCs, in case you need inspiration... [url]<a href="http://jg32905p.webs.com/siggychallenges.htm" rel='nofollow'>http://jg32905p.webs.com/siggychallenges.htm</a>[/url]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea (the sharing part), but don't like the competitiveness. I don't think weddings planning should be a competitive sport, even if it is all in fun and jest. :) I'm never on my month club board, so I have no idea if they did them or whatever. I've never participated.
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe my month board does it wrong, but there aren't any prizes for best "whatever." I guess we use it mostly as a "getting to know you" kind of thing, though I can see how it could be construed as being competitive. :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do like the idea without the "winning" part! I just remember looking at a month board once and people were voting on their favorite pics and so on. It just seemed kind of intense.
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • Options
    amyandmereamyandmere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would totally do it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My club board just started doing SC. Seems like fun! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My club board does it... obvi by my e-ring in my siggy, lol. So I'm in!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like it would be fun to do! We should do it!!I just have to make sure to learn how to put pictures on my siggy! :O)
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SC are super fun, then again I'm with JB in June 2010 so I guess we're spoiled!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards