Massachusetts-Boston
Options

tragic gift tales

2»

Re: tragic gift tales

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, the P&E post....you MUST be referring to "Banana" and "StageManager"! I was on there for like 2 seconds, and I wanted to smack those girls upside the head!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just had my shower this past Sunday and I got a few interesting presents. My mom's friend bought me the slicer/shredder attachement for a KitchenAid mixer. A very nice gift, but no one had bought the mixer off the registry. So after the whole present thing while I was mingling she asked me what it was. Who buys something that they have no idea what it is? And its not like it was the only thing left on my registry, so I thought that was pretty odd. Now I just have to pray someone gets me the mixer!My cousin's wife bought a present for their daughter, my flower girl, to give me. It was lingerie. I was mortified when I opened it. And not only is it lingerie, it is really ugly lingerie. And the flower girl goes "Isn't that a pretty shrit?". Um, yeah. My Nana put my present in a bag. She also put her vitamins in that same bag. I was very confused.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When my cousin got married the only thing they got from her husband's parents was an Emily Post book about manners. Pages and pages of the book had hand written notes about the things she had done "wrong" since she met his parents and how she should have "behaved". Her husband bought her a diamond necklace the same day they opened this "gift" as an apology and refused to talk to his parents until they wrote her a letter of apology. They have been married for 12 years now and are very happy and as you might guess do not see his parents much. At family showers and wedding this is the "bad gift" all other questionable gifts are compared to and so far no one has received anything worse than this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh geez, those parents are awful! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards