Massachusetts-Boston
Options

steps to booking a photog...

so ... we are pretty close to booking our photographer and have asked a lot of the questions that you're supposed to ask -- style/approach to the day, thoughts on formal pics, turnaround time, digital negatives, viewing a complete gallery of pics, using a second shooter ... but what are the next steps? am i supposed to just email and say 'yes, please?'  : /

Re: steps to booking a photog...

• Options
    sandra78sandra78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should have gotten a contract to fill out. Usually photographers and florists require a contract and a deposit. Did they not give you one?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After meeting with our photographer we contacted her and said yes, we want to book.  She sent us a contract (2 copies), we mailed 1 copy back with a check. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    blush*bashfulblush*bashful member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oop, sorry ... i left out a major piece of info! we haven't told our photog that we're interested in booking, so there's no contract or anything just yet. is it customary to look at a sample one beforehand? or it is more like a we're-looking-for-x-hours-of-coverage-plus-an-e-session, please send us a contract type thing?thanks thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you meet with the photographer?  Usually you meet with them in person, go over everything that you are looking for and what you need, and then you and FI would decide if you want to book or not.  Once you tell your photographer that you want to book then a contract will be sent out to you
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We met with ours in person and she had samples for us.  We went through complete galleries online and she also bound albums for us to flip through.  If you want to book this photographer, contact her and let her know. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards