Massachusetts-Boston
Options

NWR: VENT!!!!

Okay so to say that I am having a bad day is an understatement- I am on my day off yet cannot leave the house due to work issues with a contract that I am waiting on- then I go outside and see that someone hit our brand new Acura SUV- yes, a hit and run- damage isn't major (just long scratches along the bottom part of the driverside door (but enough that we have to get it fixed and we have a lovely $500 deductable)!!!So, as if I am not in a bad enough mood I then open an email from a college friend that says "We are happy to announce that we are registered at Restoration Hardware Baby and Child!" it was like an automatic email that they opted to send to everyone they know letting the know where they registered. Mind you, they are living in England (her hubby is in the Air Force) and they aren't having a shower her in the US. It's like WTH! Who just assumes that people are going to buy them gifts and send them to England?? Of course I planned to send them something- but I would just never *assume* that people would want to recieve an email like that.Am I overreacting or is that rude?????

Re: NWR: VENT!!!!

• Options
    sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! I'm so sorry about the car - that's such a pain. I don't even get what the point of a deductible is, everytime something happens I usually end up paying the whole thing anyway; so they're lame-o.About the shower - I mean, I get that it's nice and everything but it's definitely odd. Is any of her family over there with her? Granted she might be too far along to fly but I think it would have made more sense for one person to fly back to the US than a bunch going over to England. Also...registering at Restoration Harware Baby and Child?? I didn't even know that was a place...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you about the car! :)They just moved over there in June- her family is in PA. I don't know what the deal is....just thought it was super strange. And you should should see the stuff she registered for (basically the whole store) the linens alone are going to be almost a grand!
  • Options
    sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh good, really nice linens that will have barf on them within minutes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think getting that email is pretty obnoxious.  Especially since there is no shower.  Sorry about your car :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both things make my blood boil. I think I am in a pissy mood right now too because I am at work and I really want to be home getting ready for my dinner party tonight. ugh, I am just sitting here thinking about how rude people are. UGH!!did I mention UGH?!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally agreed, the move gets a "tacky" in my book.And the thing is, I probably would have been more forgiving if the couple was doing the new parents, tight on money, far away from family and friends, getting-their-feet-on-the-ground military family thing. You know what I mean? Registering for sensible things to help them with the baby? I would have some compassion. But no baby needs thousand dollar linens. Thats absurd. Babies were born and raised for generations without couture belongings, and I am pretty sure none of them ever really suffered without them...And Court, I am so so sorry about your car. That really sucks :-(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry about your car, that sucks!!!!I totally agree with you that its rude to send that email.  First of all, it sounds very impersonal if its some sort of automatic email.  And second, to assume that you're going to buy something off a registry without even a party????  it's one thing to buy a gift for the baby, fine, but usually people will ask where they are registered!!!!  And i still don't understand why people want to buy such expensive things for babies.  They have super cute clothes at Old Navy, Macy's etc., on sale....they usually only wear once or twice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hallelujah ladies! Thank God you feel the same way!! And thanks for the sympathy in re: to the car! FI is going to flip out when he gets home! :( Need. drinks. fast! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about your car :( And not being able to really enjoy your day off! I agree that its rude! And I don't understand the whole registering for the whole store thing, and expensive items. Really?! Its a BABY! It will only use X or Y for a short time, doesn't need to be the most expensive one. My aunt recently had a shower and registered for no lie 100 onesies REALLY?! You can't just have like 10 and wash them? ugh. I hate stupid and especially rude people.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards