Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Ceremony Opinions, Please!

FI and I are planning on renting a hall for our reception, however we're still up in the air about the ceremony. I've always wanted to get married outside, and am thinking about something overlooking the Charles River, or maybe even Boston Common... anyone out there done anything like this already?? How does it work, do you need a license? Do you regret not getting married in a church? Any feedback you can give is appreciated!!!

Re: Ceremony Opinions, Please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For Boston Common you need a license and you can't have more than 50 people in attendance (incl your bridal party) so keep that in mind. I originally wanted the Public Gardens but wanted to have all of my guests there
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any rec's but just remember.. it could rain. If you book a place outside you need to be prepared for it to rain and 1. move your ceremony last minute and tell of your guests; 2. have an umbrella ceremony- could make for some interesting pictures  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Community Rowing on the Charles River in Brighton? They should be able to accomodate a ceremony outdoors and a reception in their indoor hall area. Have seen weddings going on there but never been to one. http://www.communityrowing.org/special-events/special-events-2/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend was married in the gazebo on the Common, you have to purchase a permit to have photos in the park. i am not sure if there is a limit on the number of peple you have but I would assume yes. You technically are supposed to have a permit to take photos on the common, you can risk it but you are also risking being written a sitation on your wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards