Massachusetts-Boston
Options

NWR: FI's grandmother...

We got the call at 6 am that she passed last night. We were going down there (Pennsylvania) this weekend in the hopes of seeing her again - but we were too late. She's been ill for months, so I'm glad she's in a better place and at peace, but I'm really broken up that I didn't get to see her again. She was a wonderful, generous, loving woman who I know we'll all miss... Anyways, thought I'd give an update since I had talked to a few knotties offline about the situation... It's also my brother's birthday and there's a party planned for tonight so I know that'll cheer us all up!

Re: NWR: FI's grandmother...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear :( But you are right, she is in a better place
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls - we knew it was coming soon, but we thought we at least had a few more days to make the drive to see her one last time...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear of her passing, erilou. Although you didn't get to say goodbye in person, I am sure some part of her is with your entire family as you miss her. I hope we are all so blessed that we live to a ripe old age and know that our family loves us to the end. Have a good time at the party! Toast one for Granny! :-D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no hun!!  So sorry to hear that!!!!.. at least you can recoup some happiness at the party tonight!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know about this previously but really feel for you.  I'm scrambling for a ticket to see my grandpa in a similar situation.  Thanks for posting, it's good to know others have experienced this at wedding time and made it through.So sorry for your loss and regards to FI.
  • Options
    sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your loss.While you didn't get to see her, I'm sure she felt your love and hugs from afar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you again - everyone, for all your kind words. Our yearly family trip to the Outer Banks is going to be sad without her. I remember, a couple years ago, we all met up at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge like we usually do, and I get out of the car - mind you I'm waking up from a nap and in pajamas - and she gives me this big hug and tells me how beautiful I always look. Even though I don't eat eggs - she made the best deviled ones - and macaroni salad. Ok, I'm getting upset again - sorry - but it's good to remember the happy time I guess!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm very sorry for your and fi's loss. Even though you knew it was coming it's always hard to lose someone... Have a great time at the party though!
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for you and FI's loss. She is in a better place and I'm sure you know she will still be with you on your special day :)
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that's so sad!  *hug!*  I hope you have fun at the party tonight--it'll be a good distraction.FI's grandmother died last year, and she was so sweet to us, and his great aunt died this week too, and her granddaughter is getting married in 2 weeks.  So sad. I was actually just thinking of you bc I was going to send you a message bc I saw the cutest cardboard drink coasters at the Dollar Tree in Burlington yesterday with little skulls on them and I know you <3 skulls.Hang in there!
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jkepros - That is sad about the great aunt/granddaughter situation. My grandmother (father's mother) isn't going to make it to the wedding because of her health - but I'm blessed with many grandmothers/stepgrandmothers, so we'll still have 4 there... Thanks for the tip on the skull coasters! I'll have to check out the dollar tree in Natick to see if they have them. I had to stop myself from buying a little skull & crossbones paper punch the other day - now I'm thinking about going back and getting it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    erilou--- i love halloween more than life itself, and have SO many paper punches related to the gouls, ghosts, and all inbetween if your interested. ;)  Spiders are my favorite. haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, Evs - I think I might have to take you up on that! Love spiders too - I carved a spider in a pumpkin one year :) I forgot to show you pictures of our pirate costumes from last year! Thanks for distracting me :)
  • Options
    acollupyacollupy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about your Fi's loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you both and his family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm so sorry to hear this news. thinking of you two.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear this :( Thoughts and prayers...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Distraction always helps in situations such as these.  on a side note-- and almost scary one at that-- one of my best girlfriends' gma has passed away today.  The kicker-- the gMa actually said "i'm going to go next thursday, in the late morning." we found out 20 min ago that she had, in fact, passed away.  She was on hospice care- so very confortable.  Death-- by nature, is a permanent change in someones life, but I don't believe it's an end.  People go to their respective resting places (heaven, lush gardens, beach, strip club-- no judgement) and life continues on for them in their minds.  it's really beautiful, I think. So for these two gMas, we wish you the best.  We also wish that you would sprinkle down your fantastic ability to stay alive for so long and please, please give us the creative ideas we've all been looking for.  Halloween decorations and all. ;) erilou-- I get back on Sunday at 5pm-- we can exchange goods whenever you want. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really sorry to hear about this, Erica. I feel for all all of you. Hope your FI is okay. :(  She is in a better place now, reunited with family that left before her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Evs - I don't know what my plans are now because I'm not sure when the funeral will be - but I'll text you on Sunday and we'll hook up - actually - I think I'm going to email you in a minute... I have to say thank you again to everyone - you're all such a great group of girls and I appreciate all of your kind words!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    liz, I love your posts. Strip clubs- no judgement? Creative Halloween decorations and all? You meant, distraction "and humor" are a great thing during these times. :)
  • Options
    cazzysmithcazzysmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love that, evs! I second your belief. erilou, very sorry to hear of your and FI's loss. she will definitely be there on your big day in spirit though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear this. :o(  Lots of vibes and prayers headed to you, your FI, and the whole family.
  • Options
    amyandmereamyandmere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Though I am echoing everyones words (and couldn't have put it as cutely as Liz) you are in all of our thoughts. Hugs and good vibes to you and your FI.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eri - I lost my grandmother, who I believe shares a soul with me in some small way, just about a year ago. I believe that she sent me my FI. To make me happy, to make me complete. Here's praying that yourself and FI will see your nana in small places like I do - in dreams, in lyrics to songs, in the perfect color of a flower, and even in skulls on halloween. my prayers are with you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mckridings - that's beautiful - thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards