Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Running of the Brides Vets...

I need your help. Any pointers will be helpful. Especially those who have done it recently at the Hynes.

Re: Running of the Brides Vets...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a post down below that we answered... but I'll recap:Bring your own mirrorGo late- around 10/11Wear full butt undies and a comfy straplessHave patienceNot sure if you can bring in a bag or not... I'd call just in case. Enjoy the day  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why do you suggest going later? just to not deal w/the chaos?
  • Options
    jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree - go between 10/11. All the dresses are being put back on the racks, there's less chaos. Bring a mirror if you can. Wear something comfortable that you can try on underneath dresses. I wore a strapless bathing suit top and running shorts. Try on everything you can, you never know! Look things over and if you settle on something, make sure you bring it to the seamstresses they have on hand to see if there's anything really major wrong with it. Have fun!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cazzysmithcazzysmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This page has an FAQ section w/ a lot of tips. http://www.filenesbasement.com/bridal/ Sorry, someday I'll learn how to make it clickable! I wore a full bathing suit.
  • Options
    cazzysmithcazzysmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S. - have a blast. As i told the last poster who asked about it - it's a fun experience even if you don't find your dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Out of curiosity...is it best to bring a mirror because they don't have any, or because it's easier if you have your own?
  • Options
    mvkcmvkc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at the running of the brides and will be going to the one next week to help a close friend. I have actually gonne to 3 including mine and have walked out with 3 dresses. I love it! For each of them we have gotten in line at about 5am. Yes, you do have to fight the crowd and it is very crazy but if you have a large group of girls with you, you will succeed. Designate some to find a spot in the place, and the rest of the group to run and get as many dresses as possible. The dresses are very heavy, you will only be able to carry 4 or 5 of them. If you are lukcy and there are racks with dresses, just hug that rack and hold on tight, do not let anyone else touch it, claim it as your property...LOL. If you are not so lucky to get any dresses be patient and willing to negotiate with other brides. Some are very nice and will give you a dress or two, others are just plain mean. Also, while you are in line waiting, make friends with the girls in front or behind you. Find some not your size and seek them out when its time to trade. It really works. As for what to wear, I have seen girls wear bathing suits and or panties and a tang top, honestly, something that you feel comfortable in. Also, they do provide you with mirrors just not that many, so if you have a mirror and dont mind carrying it, bring it. Good luck!
  • Options
    WMegs5WMegs5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd also highly recommend bringing a mirror -- it makes it so much easier than having to hunt one down.  I got there with 5 of my friends at 430 am or so and we were very close to the front of the line.  It was somewhat chaotic, but it was fun.  All of my friends ran in different directions but scoped out a place to meet once they opened the doors & started the countdown.  I didnt get my dress there since I'm a street size 10 and there are very limited options..but if you are fit into typical sample sizes you should have no problem.  Good luck!
  • Options
    eliannawleliannawl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mirrors are in very limited supply. I brought a digital camera rather than a mirror, and that worked well - plus now I have all these fun pictures of me trying on lots of different dresses. I agree with all of the other tips too - I went at 11 a.m. and found my dress, although I was there til 5pm (I probably found the dress hours before that, but I'm very indecisive, and kept trying on dresses to be sure that I had found the best one!). Good luck and have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely agree with those who say to go later in the day. I ate lunch on Newbury street, and took a leisurely stroll around before heading into Hynes around 1. By that time, all the dresses had been put back on the rack or in bins, and there were plenty of mirrors. We split up to find dresses and then congregated at an agreed upon mirror spot. For the rest of the time we would just take turns going out to find dresses and depositing them in front of the mirror, while I tried them all on. I was wearing leggings and a tank top, which made it very easy to try on the dresses. I've known people who have bought a dress each time they go to a different Running event -- they are so cheap, you can actually afford to have a couple choices! Good luck, and have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards