New York-Hudson Valley

Finish time for makeup and hair?

Hi Ladies,

I don't really post too much since I usually get all of my answers from previous posts.  However,  I need some advice.  My wedding ceremony is at 5pm.  What time should I tell my makeup/hair person that I need to be done by?  I had originally told her by 3:30 but now I'm thinking that I'm pretty much ready after that. I'll just put on my dress and accessories and head out right? (The hotel where I'll be getting ready is about 5 minutes to the church for the ceremony.) I just think that if there's too much time in between me being ready and the ceremony I might get really anxious and nervous.  Maybe I'm just overthinking it but do you think I should keep the 3:30 finish time or tell her 4:00pm or am I cutting it too close altogether and you think I should be done way earlier???  Thanks for your input!

Re: Finish time for makeup and hair?

• edited December 2011
    Is your photographer taking ANY pictures before hand? Even just you and the girls?)

Is the make-up and hair person coming to you? (That will affect the time)

Our ceremony was at 2:30. Photographer was to show up at 1:00.

He got there at about 12:40.

My hair appointment was set for 9am, with make-up at 10am. In a perfect world we planned to leave the salon at 11:15.

Turned out my hair took longer than expected. didn't sit in the make-up chair until nearly 11am. We left the salon at 12:10. Got home 12:25. Instead of having a calm hour and a half to relax we had 15 minutes of craziness!

Don't cut your timing short, you never know what can (and will happen) on the day of.

When I told my sisters that my appt was at 9am, they asked why it was so early. I'm glad I trusted my gut about the timing.

Talk to your photographer (if you are taking pics before) and give yourself plenty of time.

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. Normally you should be at the church earlier than the 5pm start time also. To make sure your ready and the attendants need to line up and all. So your limo or whatever would probably get you pretty early...maybe about 4 or 4:15. Also the thing with the photographer. When they are taking photos of you getting ready they want to be there early.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My ceremony was at 6pm.  I had my hair done at 8 and makeup at 11. (Did pics before ceremony).  I was a bit ridiculous with planning, but I was glad I budgeted extra time.  Although my hair and makeup went as planned, 2 of my bridesmaids had the hairstylist redo their hair.  What I did underestimate was the time it would take to get into my dress- a solid 15-20 minutes to get the corset laced up. 

I'd go with the extra time b/c you never know what will come up.  You'll be a bit nervous regardless.  Looking back, I appreciate the extra time I had to goof off with my bridesmaids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony was at 4. Hair stylist arrived at 9, makeup artist at 10, and photographer at 11. I can't say for sure when I had my hair and makeup done, but I want to say noon, because then I got dressed and we took photos until leaving for photos at 1. We took all of our photos before the ceremony.
    I would think you want to plan to be done with hair and makeup by 3:30. Then you can get dressed. If everything goes as planned you'll have some time for photos beforehand and to relax, but there's also a little wiggle room if you need it.
    imageimageimage
  • M2NM2N
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys gave me a few things I need to take into consideration like how long it might take getting into my corset back wedding dress!  Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards