Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Florist Rant/Rave: Petalena vs Tangled Web

Hey gals-- I'd love your input on these two florists. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: Florist Rant/Rave: Petalena vs Tangled Web

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think eoullet used Petalena, but she's probably on her honeymoon right now.  Tangled Web of course is very popular on this board, but I have no personal experience with them b/c they were booked for my date. Just curious, how did these two vendors edge out the other ones?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Jen Cahill from Tangled Web for my wedding next fall. She gets rave reviews on this blog. I met with her and she is super sweet, really artistic and her prices are reasonable. I saw flowers she was doing for a wedding later on the day I met her and they were gorgeous. Good luck!
  • Options
    thuyvlamthuyvlam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Fool-- It came down to Price. Mimosa & Tangerine were way out of my budget. And their desciptions on proposal made it a little hard to understand.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TW gets raves on this board and I've found that she's really accommodating wrt changes. I had a couple of ideas for BM bouquets and she priced them all out for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's true.  I remember that each of them provided price ranges in their proposals that didn't really make sense. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using TW.  You will prob get more responses from TW brides since it is so popular here, but a few people like Petalena too
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I used Jen for our wedding in June. She was wonderful and the flowers were better than I could ever have imagined. I have tons of pictures, I can email them if you want just let me know. We had a massive flower order and she was way cheaper and better than any of the other florists we spoke with. No regrets with her and she was very easy to get in touch with, not to mention she delivered everything exactly on time (maybe a little early) the day of the wedding.
  • Options
    hapark11hapark11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm on the TW bandwagon as well.  I met with three other florists besides her, including Orly with Tangerine, and chose Jen b/c her designs and ideas seemed on par with Orly, but at (less than) half the price. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Petalena and so far they've been great.  They're really creative and seem to love what they do, also Apryll and Julie are really sweet and down-to-earth so they're fun to work with.  My mom and I met with three florists and felt like they best understood our vision of the wedding.  They're also really accomodating and have given us a lot of great ideas, including some areas where we can save or cutback, which is always nice to get from vendors!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After I posted a question about florists in the south shore area, I had gotten so many favorable rec's about TW. However, when I called her and left her a message on her voice mail, she never returned my call. So clearly, I wasn't happy with that.
  • Options
    thuyvlamthuyvlam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Dawn-- Would you mind sending me your pics? my email is thuyvlam@gmail.com. Thanks.
  • Options
    eouelleteouellet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! Fool's right, Petalena did our wedding this past Saturday and they are AMAZING. I really cannot recommend them highly enough and I can't believe they brought my vision to life so perfectly. People are talking about the flowers more than nearly anything else at the wedding. They did the exact same thing other florists quoted me anywhere from two to four times as much for, and were just so much fun to work with. I'd never heard their name on TK before I booked them, but they were honestly one of the single best choices I made for my wedding. One of the best hidden gems of Boston weddings!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards