Massachusetts-Boston
Options

precana

Is precana done in one day or multiple Days? Any comments on what happens during the time you are taking the precana class?

Re: precana

• Options
    sprinkles2003sprinkles2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do it in one day, we're doing it at Miramar in Duxbury next month, a Saturday 9-5 I think.Not sure what to expect myself, I think its largely designed to "bring couples closer" and reflect on what to expect as a married couple.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We found a one day session at the Paulist Center in Boston.  It was painless...  basically a "check" off on the list of requirements by the church.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a 6 session course at Blessed Sacrament in Walpole. We actually really enjoyed ourselves. The course we took was far from preachy but they did incorporate God and blessings. Mostly, it was a wonderful way to reflect on your relationship in a way you might not normally.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did it in a weekend long session 9-5 2 days.  It really was not bad at all.  They go over subjects like money, fighting resolution, communication, family planning.  You may not agree with everything (which I did not) but you suck it up and listen to what the people have to say. It's not that bad, it was actually kind of interesting for me and the FH. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing precana this weekend!  We're doing the Engaged Encounter at the Marist house in Framingham.I haven't been yet obviously so I can't tell you for sure what happens, but we got a letter that explained the basic outline.  Two married couples present topics and then we reflect on them (separately) in notebooks.  Then FI and I will talk about our different viewpoints and hopefully find a resolution if we differ on some topics.  It will be a dorm-style living arrangement and they provide meals.  We're going there Friday at 7 PM to Sunday around 4 PM.I'm really looking forward to it!  I'll come back next week with a review :)
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I did the Engaged Encounter that sboston is doing this weekend, I highly recommend it. It's a great weekend spent together completely reflecting and focusing on your relationship. The 2 married couples present on different topics, you have a notebook with prompt questions and basically you write a "love letter" to your FI about your thoughts and feelings on each topic. You have time to yourself to write this letter, and then you and FI get together, swap notebooks, read each others letters, and discuss. The format can get boring, but it's a really great weekend to spend together. It's good to have a whole weekend away from friends and family and outside distractions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did Miramar in Duxbury. It was nice it was just one day but if your shy at all as I am you won't like it. You have to speak out load in front of large groups about your feelings and other embarrassing topics. I hated every minute of it. If you don't mind public speaking then go for it bc its nice it was only 1 day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our church only has us doing it from 2-5 on a sunday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards