Massachusetts-Boston
Options

natural hair/makeup?

Hi,I've asked for recs for hair/makeup before but I'm still on the hunt after doing trials with two different artists (one who is highly recommended here). I had no idea I would be so picky about this but I guess I am! Before I start to go broke doing trials (fortunately, I didn't have to pay for the first one, but it's still going to get expensive quickly!), I'm asking again for any feedback. If you can post pics or link me to them, that would also be a HUGE plus! Currently, I'm looking into Charlotte Phinney and Special Event Beauty because I'm trying to find someone who does both makeup and hair. I've realized recently that I want a pretty natural look (I don't want my skin to look darker or tan, don't think I want false lashes, etc) and that hasn't exactly happened with either of the first two artists. Any feedback on the two I'm looking at now? Any other recs I may have missed? Alternatively, did anyone have luck finding something who worked at a store/makeup counter in the area who will travel? Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!:=) Megan

Re: natural hair/makeup?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I hardly ever wear makeup, so I wanted a more natural look. I used Sam from Girly Junk for my makeup. Review in bio (under Vendor Reviews) and pics of trial (under Makeup/Hair) and day of (throughout bio or in slideshow - link in siggy below). I felt like I looked pretty natural. Here's her website [URL] <a href="http://www.girlyjunk.com" rel='nofollow'>http://www.girlyjunk.com</a> [/URL] For hair I used Gina Joubert (review in bio and pics too) [URL] <a href="http://www.ginajoubert.com" rel='nofollow'>http://www.ginajoubert.com</a> [/URL]
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ann Marie from Anemone was phenomenal. She does both hair and makeup and will travel the day of (although I think you need a minimum of 4 for her to travel-not positive). She does airbrushing too which looks very natural. She can be a bit pricey, but the product is definitely worth it. I was beyond pleased with her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Rachael Berkowitz, who doesn't get mentioned on here a lot but came highly recommended by a friend of mine. She travels and does both hair/ makeup.  I'm not sure about a totally natural look but you can ask, for my trial she did a great job replicating the look I wanted from pictures.Her website is www.rachaelberkowitz.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had 4 trials and I agree with above posts that airbrushing is the best way to go for that natural look. I am using speicaleventbeauty.com and the makeup artist kim is very meticulous about getting the right color to match the rest of your body. she really knows what she is talking about
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Kim from Special Event Beauty!  I also had a trial with a MUA who is frequently reccommend on here and hated it.  You should definatley have a trial with Kim.  She'll work with you until you get the perfect look.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    eouelleteouellet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just used Charlotte Phinney for my wedding on Saturday. I don't have too many great photos back yet, but you can check out my post below to see a little bit of her work at least. I wasn't thrilled at my trial with her, but we discussed all the changes to be made and on the day of the wedding she NAILED it. Listened to exactly what I wanted, and got it perfectly. She did put false lashes on me, but I thought they looked natural; just a tad more dramatic. I'm sure you could forego those if you wanted.
  • Options
    terrax82terrax82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you end up going splitting hair and makeup between two people I have to agree with the rec for Sam from Girly Junk.  My goal when I was doing trials was to be able to walk in and not have my fiance look startled when he saw my face (I never wear makeup)... Sam's makeup was great and not overwhelming.  She also has been very open to different ideas and we have been bouncing them around (i.e. how dark to go with my lips, glossy? balm?) since my trial.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards