Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Being ignored by wedding planner, please help!

I have a Feb 20, 2010 wedding planned at a BEAUTIFUL venue on the South Shore, and since I booked my wedding the "in house" planner has been replaced. Honestly I'm not so in love with this new lady. I went to pay a deposit at the end of July (before the sales tax increase) and met this woman face to face. I wasn't as impressed as I was with the planner that was there when I booked. A few days after I dropped my deposit I emailed her the menu we would like for the tasting and a couple of small questions... she never responded! So earlier this week I forwarded her the same email again asking her to confirm that our tasting menu was OK and that the tasting was still scheduled for next week.... no response! So at my whits ened I called her last night and left a very pleasant voicemail for her asking that she call me back to confirm our tasting and that our menu is OK. I'm worried that this woman won't reurn any of my communications! I have also googled my reception location and found TONS of bad reviews... all in the past few months... all since she started working there. What is my next step? Please help!

Re: Being ignored by wedding planner, please help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Call her supervisor. Be upbeat, pleasant, and polite. Calmly explain how much you love the venue, and that you know the wedding will be lovely, but that you have been disappointed with the level of customer service that you have been given since this new woman started. Ask what you can do to more easily facilitate the planning of your wedding. Dont complain---that won't get you anywhere---but make sure her supervisor knows what is going on. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what is this venue? Is it the RLI? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Spuccio. Let the supervisor know what is gonig on, and even foward the messages that you have been sending her. GL!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I thought about contacting her supervisor but I've met that person and honestly I don't think that will help at all (it's the venue owner who doesn't realy care) I love the RLI! I've heard that place is great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh okay so its not the RLI then. I thought it might have been becuase they just had a new woman start after the old planner left and I had trouble getting in touch with her too. It turned out they started using a new email account and weren't checking the old one where all my messages were going.  Once I called them and found that out I felt relieved. Plus I went in and met with her and she seemed like she really knew what she was doing so I left and felt much better about the whole thing.  I wouldn't worry yet. I would give your planner a little time to return your call and see. Some people are much better at phone calls rather than email.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tastings usually take place w/in 3 months of the wedding.  Maybe the coordinator is classifying your inquiries as low priority.  Regardless, she should lean some basic manners and get back to you.  I would just show up at her office and catch her off guard.  This happened to me last year when we signed with our first venue.  Pre-contract communications were sparse and it took weeks to get responses back from the coordinator.  But we loved the venue, so we gave them a signed contract and fat deposit.  After a month, we still hadn't received a countersigned contract and the deposit check still wasn't cashed.  So we saw this as a warning sign and decided to look at other venues.  We just had a bad feeling about this particular venue's customer service.  You can have the prettiest ballroom in Boston and a highly regarded kitchen, but if the customer service is lacking, it's just not worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK, I have to be honest it is the RLI. I wanted to be nice and not name names. Thank you for letting me know you had a problem getting in contact with her too! I feel a bit better now. My only concern is that i have emailed her before and she responded right away. I'll giver her a bit to return my phone call. I think I'm just nervous because of all the bad reviews then when we met with her I didn't like something she mentioned about children and some ideas we mentioned for decorating for a winter wedding she snubber her nose at. have you had any issues with her? when is you wedding? Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is less than two months away now.  Are you emailing to weddings@redlioninn1704.com.  That is the new email.  My mom and i went in and met with her on Saturday and she sat down with us for over an hour and talked about everything.  I felt so much better about it because like you I was nervous. However, she calmed all my nerves right away. She's been doing this for over 20 years and you just have to remember that this is her job and she knows what she's doing...just like you know what you are doing at your job :)  She mentioned she did 5 weddings last week so I think she was swamped.  Also she is new but not to the RLI. She always has done the day of coordination for the past 2 years maybe but just never did the sales aspect of it until now.  She told me they are hiring her an assistant too....i honestly think she's just busy. If it makes you feel better I'm not worried about it at all for my wedding in October.  Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!! You have put my mind at ease! She had mentioned that she's been in the business for a while and had even worked with Elaine in the past (I love Elaine! She's why we booked!) So I know she has the experience. That is the email address I have sent everything too, I completely understand if she's busy. She mentioned to us when we were there that she was a bit overwhelmed. I'm glad to know they are looking at hiring her an assistant (maybe I can apply, I'm looking for a job :)) I'm glad to hear that you feel comfortable with her, and aren't worried. When we went in and met with her, she sat with us for a while and was very nice. I think I just need to talk to her a bit about the kids at the wedding. Maybe I'm turning into bridezilla! Gosh I hope not!! I just want everything to go smoothly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also a girl on here, Reenie, got married there probably a month or so ago now and she had no issues either.  I'm sure if you paged her she could tell you her experience on having had her wedding there as well. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Denise is on vacation this week. I hope this helps. I've had some issues with the timeliness of the RLI's responses, too, but when I spoke to her last, she did tell me that she would be on vacation this week until returning this weekend to run two back-to-back weddings. Our wedding is in January, and we also originally worked with Elaine. I can tell you that despite my few issues not receiving prompt email and phone responses, my mother has been satisfied working with Denise-- and she's not an easy lady to please. It's tough to remain pleansantly persistent when you know how much money you're paying (we shouldn't have to work that hard), but it's best to try and keep frustrations as polite as possible-- you still want her on your team when the day finally arrives.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As a PS, I don;t think the red Lion is good at running their business and communicating proactively with their clients. One would think that a blanket "I'll be out of the office for the next week" would alleviate a lot of annoyed phone calls from soon-to-be brides, but they're not always on top of the preemptive efforts that would ultimately make brides more at-ease, and their own administrative lives less complicated. It's frustrating, but hang in there. The venue is worth it.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!!! Being on vacation is a good reason she hasn't returned my email or phone call. You're absolutely right though a blanket" I'll bou out of the office" would have been perfect! I haven't really had much contact with RLI since we booked but this is not the best way to start! I hope it gets better :) Ladies, thank you for all your help, infor and advice on this topic! I hope all you wedding go perfectly and are beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there on July 5th and went through 3 planners from the time we booked until the time of the wedding. It stressed me out, but I've got to say that the weeks leading up to the wedding and the actual day of the wedding were amazing. Denise is great for all the planning stuff, she was super organized and brought up questions that I hadn't even thought about. I learned that email is really not anyone's strong suit at the RLI. I think that since they share the email address, one person may read the email but not respond so when another person logs in it doesn't show up as new mail. I found that the best thing to do is call and ask specifically if Denise is in and if she's not I asked for her schedule that day or the next day. It will turn out great! I read all the reviews online after I'd booked and almost had a meltdown. But everything turned out perfectly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards