Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Anyone planning a green wedding?

Is anyone planning an eco-friendly wedding?I heard about a free green wedding seminar at the Boston GreenFest on Saturady, August 22, at 1 pm. Anyone going?Here's the info. if you are interested: bostongreenfest.org/fashiontent.htmlI'd love to hear from anyone who is planning a green wedding.

Re: Anyone planning a green wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have a green wedding, but it would be fun to plan one. You could really roll with a lot of great ideas. Sounds like an interesting seminar topic.The only "green" in my wedding was paper-less save-the-dates....and some vegan friendly food??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not planning a completely green wedding but I am doing what I can. I am using potted plants instead of cut flowers for centerpieces, and also buying locally grown flowers to make my own bouquets. Also, we are skipping favors (if my aunt will let me) because we are already making a donation so we don't need all the extra cellophane. Right now we are planning to have the ceremony and reception at the same venue, so there is no travel between. I am also going to look into recycled paper when I make my invites.
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing some green aspects.  We had paperless STDs and RSVPs, and all of our linens, centerpieces, dishes, flatware, etc. is reusable.  We're also using previously used items (from rings to dresses to coffee cups) when possible, and reselling everything that we're unlikely to use again afterward.  However, I'm always a bit wary of the whole focus on "natural" products.  Too often, that seems to mean "more expensive, and not as good."  I'm not sure why hand dying a dress, for example, would be considered ecologically responsible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards