Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Fri 8/21 ROB outcome: Founf the dress!

So my 5 teammates and I go there around 9:30am (meant to get there around 10am but there was no problem with traffic getting into the city)It was kind of hectic when we first go there but I had printed out a map of the Prudential Center so we knew how to get there after we parked.My teammates looked a bit confused so I picked an empty rack and said "Stop" this is where we'll be parked.I was surprised that the security didn't look through our bags because we were told not to bring in food and water. It would have helped to bring in the water because some of my teammates got a bit light-headed.I took a walk around and told my teammates to find white halters size 6 or 8 and they kept bringing me ivory. There was a ton of ivory there, much more than white.My future MOL who is typically very quiet was in charge of staying put and holding the mirror we brought. She got pretty aggressive telling the women that the dresses on the rack was ours.After about 3 hours, I picked a San Patrick Dress from the 2008 collection called "Bienal". Exactly what I wanted, white halter. Anyone know how I can find the retail value of the dress?I was surprised how many girls found dresses there. The line was really long but everyone was well organized and we got a "I survived ROB" T-shirt which my mom got since she paid for the dress.Of course there was a huge water main break yesterday that was all over the news. We tried leaving Hynes through the Pru but the hallway was folded and had to walk 4 blocks outside in the heat to get to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch since we were famished!Any other stories from yesterday? If anyone knows how I can find the retail value of the dress, please let me know!

Re: Fri 8/21 ROB outcome: Founf the dress!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting the dress! Make sure to post some pics so we can all see  :)As for retail value, you'd probably have to call around to some dress shops for an actual price but they might not give it to you over the phone. Congrats again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just googled the designer and dress name and one site listed $1000. You could also try looking at sites like rkbridal.com, houseofbrides.com, etc. Congrats on finding a dress!
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you found the dress!  Is this the one? [url]http://www.bridalsamplestore.com/-strse-68/Pronovias-San-Patrick-Bienal/Detail.bok[/url]According to the site, it retails for $1000 new.
  • Options
    eliannawleliannawl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Score! Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! I was there for about 2 1/2 hours and came out empty handed. :(  Not too many white dresses and my friends were tired.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ended up picking up a dress yesterday at the ROB as well! Paloma Blanc's 3608, the seventh dress I tried on, which looks like it was from the Fall 2005 collection. I'm not 100 percent sure that I'll be wearing it, as I haven't visited any dress shops yet but I couldn't resist the bargain. I do love how it looks although it needs to be cleaned and needs a new zipper.  While I know I'll be waiting to get it cleaned and fixed until I know I'll actually be wearing the dress, but how soon in advance should I be submitting it to get cleaned and altered? And will I have to get these done at two separate places (as in, dry cleaners and seamstress)?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my alterations 9 weeks before the wedding.  I am probubly only going to have the dress pressed, as the only part of the dress that was dirty from ROB was the hem and that is being cut off.  Cleaning wedding gowns is pretty expensive and I am not going to bother before the wedding.  You can get a seamstress that works with a dry cleaner or an independant one, and usually independant ones will give you good suggestions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!! Congrats! The dress looks gorgeous (from the pic that jenwindy posted)!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was one of the crazies that showed up at 3 am. 30ish dresses and 40 minutes later I had my dress. there were two ladies that were kinda upset with my choice as they wanted the dress that I picked out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're right Jwindy, that's the dress! I got the dress 50% off! I just hope I'll still like it by June 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, man. I am so jealous of you ladies who got a dress there. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards