Massachusetts-Boston
Options

venue recs?

Hey Everyone, I'm pretty new to the Boston board and recently engaged. I was just wondering if anyone has any venue recommendations for a fairly small budget in the North Shore-ish area. One place we're thinking about is the Maudslay Art Center in Newburyport. Anyone been there? Was it a good place for a wedding?

Re: venue recs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah, we're planning on getting married next July and ideally we want a place that we can have both the ceremony and reception at.
  • Options
    EmstarmeEmstarme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think they have air conditioning. It could get very hot in July.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have loved working with my venue so far.  The Georgetown Club in Georgetown.  The coordinators are all fabulous, and I went to a wedding last year.  The food was delicious...not really unique or earth shattering but it was good.  Their menus are listed on their website...check out my bio for pics under Reception and their website under Vendors. Elks at Bass Rocks in Gloucester is beautiful too, but only holds about 100 comfortably.
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    richkatmrichkatm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our venue is the Bradford Country Club in Haverhill and it's been an absolute pleasure working with them thus far. They're really accomodating and the coordinator is very attentive to my needs/questions etc. It's fairly in expensive too we're paying $49 pp. It's definitely worth checking out! Maudslay is beautiful by the way but I've not been to a wedding there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards