New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Renaissance Hotel, West Harrison

Have any of you stayed at the Renaissance hotel for your wedding night? I want to get ready there and spend our first night married there but I am not sure if I should get a suite or how much a suite would be.

Does anyone have experience?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Renaissance Hotel, West Harrison

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Never been - but the place is beautiful!

Just checked the booking online -

for July 7 and 8 next year:

per night:
    advance rate $129 - 1 king or 2 queens bed
    regular (leisure) rate $139 - same as above
    leisure rate for "deluxe" room - $239 - 1 king or 2 queens in a club level guest room on a higher floor
    romance package - $164 - incl breakfast & champagne in normal room - 1k or 2q

These are what came up right now. It may change as time goes on.

Good luck!
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The suite is totally worth it if you are getting ready with a group.

Two years ago my friend got married in Massachusetts and we all stayed at a Hilton..one of the BMs and I shared a room and the bride shared it with her sister....we all had suites across the hall from each other and they were reasonable (less than 150).  It was great when we were all in the bride's room with the makeup girl (we all had our hair done at a local salon) and when her mom and other's arrived and my friend and I had a ton of room for the two of us to get ready in our room as bridesmaids.  IT was such a pleasure. 

If I had gotten married and needed to do it in a hotel, i would have totally done the same thing.

The other thing is, you should go check out their hotel and see how big the rooms are to see if it fits what you want
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For what it's worth I checked out the Renaissance....inquired about a 2 bedroom suite for my wedding in May. I was quoted a price of $690 for the night. After my jaw hit the floor I decided to look into other hotels. The Hyatt Summerfield Suites have all 1 & 2 bedroom suites.....breakfast is included and the rates were reasonable. I checked out the suites....very nice, clean & big. They have beauitful grounds for pics. It's a small unassuming hotel but nice. The Hyatt is not too far from the Renaissance. It's where I'll be staying for my wedding :-) So there's my 2 cents. Good Luck.

-Lee

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with mylove315. It is probably just as expensive there as it is at the Ritz for a suite. When we looked into having the wedding there I was in shock of how much they wanted per person. It is a beautiful hotel though. You should maybe check out the Rye Town Hilton...their bridal suite is beautiful and a little cheaper.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards