Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Downtown Boston Venue HELP

Hi all! New to the whole posting online thing, but you gals seem to have some great ideas and I am in a rut trying to find a unique (affordable) reception venue. We have about 15,000 allotted for the reception. Thanks for all of the recommendations!

Re: Downtown Boston Venue HELP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people?You might check out the Hampshire House in Beacon Hill.  Check the Harvard Clubs if you have a Harvard connection...Also, the College Club for a smaller wedding.  Other options (less downtown): Hyatt in Cambridge, Royal Sonesta, MIT Faculty Club.
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For a city wedding I think you might have to some trouble only spending 15,000... depending on your numbers. When I was looking I found nothing cheaper than 140 (with taxes) for an evening reception. But I second pp and check the places she listed. Also A few posts down I posted a list of downtown hotels for someone to look at. hth!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i had my reception at Anthony's Pier 4 and it was great. under 15k, great food and totally different than any of the other weddings i have been too recently and all of our guests LOVED it too. if you want more specifics email me at kaitlyn dot amedio at gmail GL!
  • Options
    ashleykellyashleykelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! We have 100 people. Looking into all of the suggestions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea what the space limits are, but a couple ppl here have recently held their reception at the Living Room.  Also, have you considered having an off-season or Fri/Sun wedding?  You can get substantial discounts that way.
  • Options
    kates2480kates2480 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you can EASILY do 100 for 15k in boston, check out our venue, the back bay hilton. they have a pricing package on their website, includes tax and grat.also, the holiday inn in beacon hill is a little more than the hilton, but we didn't like the ballroom as much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards