Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Poll: What do you do

2»

Re: Poll: What do you do

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am an ICU RN. I work three 12 hrs shifts a week. They can be any day or night, 7a-7p or 7p-7a.
  • Options
    tiffspfftiffspff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work for a defense contractor.  I was doing finance, but am now trying to change gears and work more on the Support side of things.  I work M-F, and one of the best parts is we work a 9-80 schedule. 
  • Options
    jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work usually 7:30-4 as an office manager/jill-of-all trades for an engineering firm.  I do everything that is non-engineering related.Part time, I own a cat sitting business, so I get to go to people's houses and play with kitties...and get paid for it!  I wish I could do it full-time!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another one in banking... 10-6:30 (usually leave around 6:45-7)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work full time for a biotech company as an Asthma tech. woot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work full-time as a book (novels/non-fiction) editor at a publishing house in NYC. I like it, but my now-husband just started his surgery residency in Providence, so I'm thinking about a career switch (Boston is mostly textbooks as far as publishing goes--and there's really nothing in Providence)--thinking I want to be a psychotherapist. Now that the wedding's over, the plan is to think about it! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have quite the range of professionals here! I teach first grade and the kids start on Thursday! Here we go! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Garden!!! How was the wedding???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work M-F, 9ish to 5ish (I sort of come and go as I please a lot...) at a small college as the Art Director. I design all the publications associated with the school. And put up with a whole lot of nonsense. I can't wait to go back to corporate someday (I have a background in legal) - higher-ed was never in the plan, but the economy stinks so I'm here for awhile. If a family ever comes along (I've gone from "never" to "maybe") - FI will be a house husband :)
  • Options
    robinmswrobinmsw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work 40-hrs as an assistant director for an outreach program working with people with severe and persistent mental illness.  I also have private psychotherapy clients.  And do a shift once weekly for a crisis intervention program.I love every minute of all of my jobs :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work 25 hours a week as a law clerk for an attorney in quincy, in my spare time i am a full time law student who graduates in may....wooohooo lets hope the econmy picks up....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    izzy....where in quincy? i work right on hancock :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I go to Simmons full-time as a Psychology student and I used to work with autistic men bu now I'm working 16 hours a week at Wendy's. School takes up so much time - I take the train in - with a 2.5 hour commute each way in and out of Boston. :-( Starts tomorrow! Yay!
  • Options
    naminallynaminally member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a full-time journalist. Always on the road, never home. I love it ... most of the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a full-time pharmacist at Stop & Shop Pharmacy.  I typically work Tuesdays, Thursdays, 1/2-day Fridays, and every other weekend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm the manager at a bridal salon Tues-Saturday, weird hours.On the side I've been doing custom sewing jobs, basically whatever comes my way, covering cushions, dress alterations, whatever else people need.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Bio -Updated 7/11 image 175 Invited image 140 Partying it up! image 17 Not going to be there image 18 Unknown
    RSVP Date July 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work 8:30ish-6ish as an analyst at a healthcare analytics company. It was a big change from my last job, which was in academia. I love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work 3 days a week (sometimes 4) as a hairstylist at a salon on the Cape.  The rest of the time I'm home with my daughter. 
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Right now I'm working as a first grade tutor 30 hrs/week during the school day, and I work 35 hrs at a medical billing office as an office assistant. Today was the first day of school, and I was already having trouble trying to keep myself awake at my second job tonight! I can't wait to find a full time teaching job.
  • Options
    tastefulpattytastefulpatty member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I manage the Marketing Communications Dept. of a large medical software company. I am also a Tastefully Simple consultant!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am the other Mrs. Bins  :) I am a social worker at a nonprofit girls mentoring organization.  I run groups with middle school girls talking about healthy decision-making skills.  Those girls are crazy!  I love it.   :)  I work pretty regular hours 9-5, but we were much slower in the summer so I had a lot of time to poke around on theknot.  Things will be picking up soon when school starts again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm an accountant, After the wedding hopefully get pregnant and stay home for a bit. My hours are flexible, come in in the begining of the month and gets things done.  When I am done with what I need to go, I leave.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards