Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Office Poll:

Since we a lot of us are stuck here anyway, let's talk about it!1) How do you get to work?2) View out you office window?3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot?4) Co-worker you love the most and why?5) Co-worker you would fire if you could?6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently:

Re: Office Poll:

• Options
    sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work?495 to 95 to Rt. 1 to Storrow - it's a lovely commute, really.2) View out you office window?The Masspike3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot?Russo's when possible, SO yummy4) Co-worker you love the most and why?Daniella, my cube-mate. She gets me! We're very similar and she always knows the best places to eat!5) Co-worker you would fire if you could?Oh goodness, where to start. I'm not going to name names - but the man has spent hundreds of hours of other peoples time starting a project that NO CLIENT has even shown interest in. Thanks a lot.6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently: Getting my coffee haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work? I work from home :) 2) View out you office window? Brody School of Medicine at ECU and trees 3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot? the kitchen! 4) Co-worker you love the most and why? Anthony- because he is the cutest damn thing I've ever seen! 5) Co-worker you would fire if you could? Well since it's just me and Ant I guess I wouldn't fire anyone... 6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently: Took Anthony to a DRs appt. :)
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work?Driving just ONE exit down on 95 to Washington Street (Rt 16) in Newton!  I am spoiled senseless with a 10-minute commute!!2) View out you office window?My office doesn't have windows =(=(=(=(=(3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot?Either the cafe at my work (actually GOOD), or there's a Starbucks right up the street4) Co-worker you love the most and why?Geraldine because she's the easiest to talk to and is always so fun and understanding!5) Co-worker you would fire if you could?I work at a hospital and would like to fire every single doctor who is incapable about getting simple paperwork returned in time.  Makes me wonder how they treat their patients....6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently:The Department of Public Health (DPH) can show up to audit any hospital unexpextedly and unannounced at any time.  Recently I participated when they were here conducting an audit of my hospital.
    "Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work? I drive right down the road.2) View out you office window? Gold course and the ocean in the distance. I get very jealous of those boats sailing by!3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot? Here at the club. It is free and seriously delicious. Today I am having stuffed shrimp, yum!4) Co-worker you love the most and why? The food and beverage manager. He does his job really well and is jsut a great guy.5) Co-worker you would fire if you could? The secretary who has been here 35 years. Things that worked then do not work now. I literally had to invent an email letterhead for her.6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently: Signed a June 2011 wedding wooooot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work? Drive Rte 20 to 290. Not too much traffic. Fi drove me in the morning though.2) View out you office window? I dont' have my own office but from the other windows it's the city3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot? Spoodles. Awesome salads but Chestnut is THE BEST lunch spot. Too bad it's cash only4) Co-worker you love the most and why? Probably my boss. She is pretty awesome and she is also my yoga instructor5) Co-worker you would fire if you could? I actually really like all of my co-workers but if I had to pick one it would be T. She constantly talks and never does her work!6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently: I just got a recognition time award for being awesome  :)  I get a half day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work? the T (orange line)2) View out you office window?  a brick wall....seriously.3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot?  We have a table just outside the lab where we all eat.4) Co-worker you love the most and why?  L because out of the 5 people that work here, she and I are the youngest and both graduated from UMass the same year.  We have a lot in common.5) Co-worker you would fire if you could?  K because he's an idiot and seems to screw everything up.6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently:  Got chosen to go to an important conference a few months ago.
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work?    Commuter Rail from Wilmington or sometimes Wakefield depending on if I want to sleep a little late. 2)View out your office window?     Faneuil Hall/State Street very busy area 3) Where is your "go to" lunch spot?    I usually bring lunch from hom considering you can't get a decent lunch downtown for under 10 bucks. But if I am in the mood definitley hit up AL's on State Street BEST SUBS and BEST PRICES!!! 4) Co-Worker you love the most and why?    We have a small office of 24, love the girls I eat lunch with, we laugh and talk about everything together. great group! 5)Co-Worker you would fire and why?   Sounds cheesey but noone. Everyone here is great and wokrs well together. We all play together nice lol 6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently?    Took over more responsibility and am well on my way to being promoted to Financial Analyst![url=http://<a href="http://www.weddingcountdown.com" rel='nofollow'>www.weddingcountdown.com</a>][img]<a href="http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/oajmop5.png" rel='nofollow'>http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/oajmop5.png</a>[/img][/url]
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work? I drive I-95 Fairfield County/NYC Commuter Traffic Hell. Should take 20 minutes to get to work, usually takes at least 45 on a clear sunny day... 2) View out you office window? What window? Other people have views of the parking lot and I-95. I see people walk past my door on their way to the bathroom. I'm pretty sure my office used to be a broom closet. 3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot? Kitchen, or I walk to Trader Joe's. Occasionally Subway, Sierra Grill, Cosi, or Tengda to change it up. 4) Co-worker you love the most and why? My 2 girlfriends, they work in other departments. 5) Co-worker you would fire if you could? Ha...only 1? 6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently: I've been working on packaging artwork all morning. Can't seem to focus today. Happy Hump Day!
  • Options
    cazzysmithcazzysmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work? 24 -> 93-> 3-> Qunicy Adams & red line 2) View out you office window? No window for me, but the tip of P.O. Square park for the folks near windows.. 3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot? My desk...if I splurge and buy a lunch, Rebecca's Cafe...Wendy's if I need cheap. 4) Co-worker you love the most and why? Z - he's a funny dude 5) Co-worker you would fire if you could? S has a bad attitude and doesn't even try to fake it through a bad mood 6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently: converted oft-used forms from Word (with manual math) to Excel to save hours of calculations! why do anything w/ #'s in word? my dept is silly...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meaghan - I'm so jealous of your job. It sounds amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Aww thanks Sunshine! I work 389478934 hours, but it is definitely worth it. I love what I do. I worked for two years at a place I hated so it feels even better now.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've always loved the idea of getting into event planning. Is it hard to get into? Did you go to school for it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a double major in undergrad and one of those majors was communications. I also did an event internship at my college. Then I went to grad school for pretty unrelated stuff but I ended up working full time at my grad school doing really dry event planning. (Think Law conferences and scheduling my boss flights to places.)I got laid off in May since Yale cut all the newbies and I did a rando craigs list search for a job closer to my husband's work. I ended up with this job. I am seriously so lucky it worked out the way it did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work? The T (green to red to silver. blargh)2) View out you office window? (depends on which window, but mostly parking lots and industrial parks)3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot? *sigh* I work in bumfrick Seaport next to industrial parks, hence no fun lunch spots nearby. There is a sad, pathetic deli on the ground floor of my building. I bring my lunch every day...4) Co-worker you love the most and why? None of them. 5) Co-worker you would fire if you could? myself, so I wouldn't have to work in the middle of nowhere anymore!6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently: Nothing particularly interesting... Just trying to get through the days...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work?- I live in Waltham but work in Westborough so I go the Pike to 495 to Rt 92) View out you office window?- Route 9 and the lake outside our office3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot?- We buy a ton of produce (from Russo's!) and make salads for lunch every day4) Co-worker you love the most and why?- the germophobe database guy...because my department is only 2 other people besides me and the other is my boss.5) Co-worker you would fire if you could?- I wouldn't FIRE her, but if my boss could just work from home every day, that would be awesome.6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently:- I'm getting married on Saturday. I haven't accomplished anything at work in MONTHS. :op
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work? Walk or my lively FI drives me in :) 2) View out you office window? The Nashua St prison and the Charles River 3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot? the hospital's cafe, blah 4) Co-worker you love the most and why? Oz, VP of HR, because he's always laughing 5) Co-worker you would fire if you could? my boss because he steals all the credit and doesn't tell me anything 6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently: Finished by big publication, ready to print!
  • Options
    tiffspfftiffspff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) 95 to 3.  Love reverse commuting.2) I have to go to the end of the row to see out the window... but it looks out at other office buildings.3) I eat lunch in the cafeteria to socialize with coworkers.  I'm cheap so I always pack though4) I made best friends with the female sitting next to me.  She switched offices now though.. but she's still the best.5) A man that I work with (luckily not in this building) told me I was wearing "stripper shoes"  (The shoe looked similar to this one:  http://womensshoes.bizrate.com/oid1140620289.html only its more of peach and brown color combination and the pattern is slightly different, but that's the style.)6) Breezed through a meeting with program management this morning where I explained all our variances and our plans going forward
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work?My car2) View out you office window?Depends which office. It's either a view of downtown worcester or overlooking another building..ew3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot?I love the Sole4) Co-worker you love the most and why?I have 2 and I like them cause they don't think I'm crazy when I flip out5) Co-worker you would fire if you could?theres a few lazy ones I'd fire...or there's one who always taking things way to far in conversation...6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently:Employee of the Year
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work? Drive in....its a loooooong way to Quincy from Lowell on a Friday morning :( 2) View out you office window? I don't have one, but my door overlooks the LCD tv, which is currently on and Days of our Lives is playing 3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot? Angelina's. yummmoooo 4) Co-worker you love the most and why? Hmm....tough, but I would have to say its a tie between my bosses-I know, I know. they are honestly fantastic! 5) Co-worker you would fire if you could? I wouldn't....I legit love everyone I work with! 6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently: Hmm....filing away the 4 ft pile of contact notes, progress reports, and miscellaneous correspondence.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1 - I essentially drive through the entire town of Braintree as I live on the Randolph/Braintree line and work on the Quincy/Braintree line 2- the red line tracks and Burgin Parkway 3- Boston Market or McKays when I want breakfast 4-our secretary she's awesome and has the funniest stories 5- ummmm none b/c its just me, the secretary and my boss, but there are other law firms on the floor and I would fire some of their employees hahahaha 6 - I did some investigatory work at Barnstable County Probate hahahah
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work? i've been taking the train lately, commuter rail from Worcester-South Station & then hop on the Red. But when I drive it's 290-495-Pike-95/128-93-through Quincy.2) View out you office window? Newport Ave3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot? cafeteria, i bring my lunch every day. 4) Co-worker you love the most and why? I like most of my co-workers but i wouldn't say there's anyone in particular I love. 5) Co-worker you would fire if you could? the one who is in work before we, stays after me and we have no idea why or what he does all day but he doesn't usually have stuff done on time. We think he just stares at the computer for large portions of the day and gets lost.6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently: finishing all my spreadsheets on time and before my co-workers (and i have more accts) which can only mean good things when it comes time for reviews at the end of the year. woohoo.
  • Options
    backbaybridebackbaybride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work?Walk 2 blocks :)2) View out you office window?Boston skyline3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot?Douzo!6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently:Boring financy things that no one wants to read about!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How do you get to work?  I drive about 25 minutes.  All backroads though so it isn't terrible2) View out you office window?  No window!  But when I go to the window it is the parking lot.3) Where is your 'go to' lunch spot?  Panera, it's quick and good.  Or the Picadilly Pub.  It's right around the corner.  If it's nice out I wals to UMASS Memorial and eat lunch in their cafeteria, it;s actually pretty good.4) Co-worker you love the most and why?  I don't really love any of my coworkers.  I guess my favorite person is a girl named Bri who doesn't even work on my side of the building but I played work softball with her and she's cool.  But even though we work at the same company we never interact work-wise.5) Co-worker you would fire if you could?  My boss... she is a nice person but not a very good manager.  And all of the people who take short cuts and cheat.  Though that would leave like 4 people left in my office.6) Thing you have accomplished at work recently:  Moving my desk, lol.  Other than I am not feeling very accomplished.  I feel like I am in the middle of a hundred projects, none with an end in sight.  Sigh.Despite my negativity, I do like my job.  Maybe I just had a bad day.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  How do you get to work?Roll out of bed.  I am self-employed and work from home.2. View out your office window?A lot of big old trees, and the street in front of the house.3. Where is your 'go to' lunch spot?The kitchen.4. Co-worker you love the most and why?I don't have co-workers.  However, NotFroofy is in the next "office" over.  ;-)5. Co-worker you would fire if you could?Thank heavens, I don't have any of those!6. Thing you have accomplished at work recently:Well, I'm negotiating a request for a ruling with the IRS, a task that has been somewhat hampered by the fact that two of my three original contacts for the client no longer work there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards