Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Wedding Night Plans?

I was just curious about what all of your wedding night plans are.  Are you staying at the same hotel as your guests or somewhere else?  Are you staying at a hotel at all?  Are you leaving from your reception or the next day?
"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe Anniversary
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wedding Night Plans?

• Options
    Brads GirlBrads Girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a huge afterparty in a 9 room suite at our venue. Our wedding party is staying there, and we have a room in the main house.  We aren't leaving for our honeymoon until monday morning (wedding is on saturday afternoon)
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As of right now, our official reception will end at 9PM.  FI and I will leave after this and take a limo from Cape Cod to Boston.  We will spend the night in a hotel in Boston then get up early the next morning to leave on our honeymoon!! For everyone else spending the night on Cape Cod, there will be an after-party and a wedding brunch served the next morning.
    "Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are staying at the hotel where the reception will be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had an after party to our wedding on the same grounds as the wedding (bonfire). Mike and I went and hung out alone in our bridal cottage for about an hour, changed, opened cards, and just soaked in being married. Then we went out and partied til like 3:30 in the morning with every one. Since every one was basically staying on the property it all worked out great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to have an after party the night of (reception ends at 10), if the weather is good - hotel said we could be out on the deck and they'd light up the fire pits. We got the suite at the hotel, so we'll stay with all our guests, and then hopefully do some sort of breakfast in the morning if we can get our act together (since I'm nearly positive most of our crowd will still be drunk from the night before - classy).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a free wedding night at the hotel.  Wedding officially ended at 12:30am, so we took the party to the hotel bar.  After the  bar closed, the hotel allowed us to have a little BYO party in the bar area.
  • Options
    cazzysmithcazzysmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding package includes a nice room at the venue :) Our reception ends at 9 and a good chunk of guests may go to a restaurant/bar/club down the street afterwards, FI and I may join them if we're not too tired yet. Wedding is on Sat and we leave for honeymoon on Mon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're staying at the same hotel as everyone else, waking up in the morning and having brunch and then heading home to unwind, unwrap presents and pack for the honeymoon
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're staying at the inn with our guests. Reception gets out at 8:30ish, and FI's parents are inviting people back to their house to party. The inn, reception and FI's parents house is all within 1/2 mile of each other so people can come hang out after, or go back to the inn. We have a lot of friends driving up for the weekend so we want to maximize our time with them. We're leaving for the honeymoon the next morning.
  • Options
    tiana531tiana531 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    everyone will pretty much be on vacay for our wedding since its a DW. So our reception ends at 10 and the hotel is on the main road where all the clubs and bars are so we will go to our rooms change and head out for some after partying since we dont leave until monday for our HM and wedd is Sat night :) Cant wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our reception ended at 11:00 and we went back to our inn by ourselves.  Most of our guests stayed at a different hotel and it sounded like everyone either hung out at the hotel bar or went to Foxwoods (wedding was in CT).  It was great to finally be alone and then we saw everyone at brunch the next day. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our reception is at a big farmhouse we are renting for a week. Once our guests leave, the WP and our families and us will be at the house. Probably change, take a latenight dip in the pool, get a campfire going. Who knows. Probably polish off leftover beer/wine/cake/lobster.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our reception is at an inn. The bridal suite is part of our wedding package. All of our wedding party will also be staying there, and we're having an afterparty at the inn's nightclub til the wee hours.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed in the same hotel--and actually had an after-party in our suite and then in the very cool/modern longue in the lobby of the hotel (that went until 6AM)! And then it was up for a brunch at my parent's house 30 minutes away--somehow almost everyone made it! We didn't leave for our honeymoon until Monday morning, which I'm so glad about--we had all of Sunday to hang out with family and recap.
  • Options
    tiffspfftiffspff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a free room at the hotel where all the guests are staying b/c we fill enough rooms (most guests are coming from out of town).  we have brunch on Sunday at the hotel.  We leave on Monday morning for our honeymoon.  We didn't want to feel too rushed or stressed.  We wanted to enjoy the celebration and spend some time with all the people who traveled so far to see us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were are debating what to do right now about this haha! Our reception ends at midnight and we have to be in boston at 430-5ish so we are thinking going to a hotel in boston might be a waste of money (well only have maybe 1hr there) or go back to my moms shower get off my dress and his tuxs and then have some more drinks with some family and friends that are staying there and have the limo get us there....hmmmm i dunno..advice??
  • Options
    diskobride09diskobride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FIREFLY 062 I am a butternut bride as well getting married on 9-12-09. we are staying at the same hotel as everyone else so i am sure we will be having a get together ! then stayin boston sunday night and leaving for the honeymoon on monday
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a day wedding that ended at 5pm.  We hosted an afterparty at our house until about 9pm.  We had a shuttle bus so all of our guests left at the same time.  Then we picked up so our house watcher wouldn't arrive to a disaster, got 2 hours of sleep and left at 3am for our honeymoon!  It was a whirlwind!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are renting a big house with several smaller units in it for all of our guests and us for the night before the wedding and the wedding night.  We'll have a one-bedroom unit for ourselves, while they will be sharing one four-bedroom unit and one two-bedroom unit.  My daughter (MOH) says she will cook dinner for everyone that night, and NotFroofy will make breakfast the following morning.  We'll then drive home the next day, and prepare for our local reception three days later.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are staying in the bed and breakfast where the wedding is taking place.  It is actually not the same hotel most of the guests are staying at.  We aren't going on the honeymoon untill spring which I am kind of regretting since I feel like I'll need some winding down time after all this.
  • Options
    MDalto421MDalto421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Staying at the hotel the same guests are staying at the night of the wedding.  Attending a brunch at my parents' house te next day, and leaving for the HM first thing Monday 9/21.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards