Massachusetts-Boston
Options

being passive agressive is fun!

Got a invitation from FI fraternity brother, who we spent a lot of time together, he has been to our house, blah blah blah, but I got invited as "and guest".  Its out of town and we can't afford for both of us to fly, get hotel, etc.  The response card was blank...so I lovingly filled it out saying that FI would attend and I would not and signed both our names.  FI is laughing at me that this actually made me feel better!  I felt it appropriate, I mean, FI and I have been together for twice as long as they have!  Funny how this would have never bothered me before all the wedding planning.
GP February Siggy Challenge:
Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: being passive agressive is fun!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good for you! I love being passive aggressive as well. For ex, Fi and I went to a wedding of his co-worker and it was very fun. I had met her several times and she actually helped Fi when he was looking for my e-ring. Anyways, after the wedding we received a thank you card. It was only addressed to Fi even though we both signed the card. I was furious but I took the passive aggressive root and sent her a fb msg about how nice her card was and how pretty their wedding was.... it made me feel awesome!
  • Options
    richkatmrichkatm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dont feel bad. We got an invite to a wedding for someone in FI's family. My first name was completely wrong on the invitation. I've known him for a while and met her a bunch of times...they know my name. I wrote my proper name on the RSVP...but at the wedding the place card was still wrong. Passive aggressive made me feel better but in the end it didn't work. :( Kicker is they're invited to our wedding and they could have referenced the invite for my name.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't feel pad. This is their etiquette breach not yours.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I sent out our save the dates, I addressed all of them to "Friend's name and 'guest'" if they were unmarried, regardless of their living situations or engagement status. There was no dig behind my doing so (and I certainly know most of FI's friends' girlfriends/fiancees) but I didn't know the etiquette at the time and was really under the impression that since I wouldn't be insulted, neither would they. They are all fraternity borothers, too, and some have been dating their girlfriends/fiancees for at least as long as we've been together. I will include their names on the invitations. I suppose it was uncouth, but if it's the one uncouth thing I've done in the process, I think I'll at least be able to sleep well at night. I've also personally haed FI "and guest'ed" to my co-workers' weddings and didn't take it too personally.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards