Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Quilt guest book wording

hi ladies, doing quilt squares for the guests to sign instead of the guest book...and ideas on what the sign should say so people know what to do?

Re: Quilt guest book wording

• Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is an example on this site:http://www.weddingbee.com/2008/08/05/a-guest-book-to-cuddle-with/That's a great idea!  I am sure it will turn out super cute!
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did quilt squares instead of a guest book.  A couple of tips... 1. Make sure people know not to write within 1/4" of the edge of the fabric if you're using unsewn squares.  If someone does write in that area, the writing will be cut off.  To help with this, we ironed on freezer paper to the back of the square but left 1/4" on every side as a reinforcement to not write in that area.  In addition, it also provided a more stable, better writing surface.2. If your squares are directional, make sure to indicate that.  3. We also had a small, wall version of what the quilt would eventually look like as an example for people to see. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've got 2x6" pieces cut out, ironed onto paper backing, and in pencil, there's a dotted line marking half an inch (I think) in from the edge).  My FMIL had the great idea of putting the pieces out at the showers she and my aunt threw for me, so there are a bunch already done (to give people ideas), and it was also great to get the people who aren't going to be able to make it to the wedding.My FMIL is making the sign, but it'll say something like this: Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Instead of signing a guest book, the bride and groom hope you will sign your names (and perhaps a good wish) to a piece of fabric that can later be worked into a quilt.  Here’s what to do:  Choose one of our special fabric-marking pens, and a piece of fabric that is neatly ironed onto a paper backing to keep it flat.  DO NOT peel off the paper backing.Write your name and wishes, memories, or a bit of wisdom for the bride and groom, onto the fabric:  don’t write beyond the pencil marking please!Leave your fabric in the basket, and leave the pen for someone else to use.That’s it!  Now go and enjoy the party!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards