Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Recommend your Cake Shop!

Hi girls!<This is kind of a spin-off of the earlier post about Montillios vs. KM. >So the next thing on the list is finding a Cake Shop! I originally planned on using Montillios or KM but I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about both, so I am looking around now for a different bakery, preferably in Boston or South of Boston. Any recs would be appreciated!!!Thanks! :)

Re: Recommend your Cake Shop!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue uses Cakes to Remember exclusively (the shop is in Brookline). I've only heard awesome things about them on the board. :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Party Favors girl. We are having our Party Favors cake delivered all the way to the Cape, the cake is so good there. Plus its easy, no hassle. Pick out shape, size, flavor, hand in photo inspiration. Done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Veronica's Sweetcake!  Out of Marshfield.  I'm a big fan :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our venue uses Dessert Works in Norwood, we're actually having our tasting on Wednesday, but I've heard really good things about them :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and the thing with Veronica's - they'll do free delivery to IPCC.  You'll get a voucher at the tasting. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Icing on the Cake in Newton. SO good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the Icing on the Cake. It's truly awesome!!! Sorry Spuccio, but we went to Party favors directly after our tasting at the Icing on the cake and didn't even want a second bite because it was every bad wedding cake you've ever had, all rolled into one. :-( Maybe ours was a bad batch.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not Boston or South Shore, but Truly Jorge's in Saugus. When it comes to cake, I wanted a cake that tasted as good as it looked. Jorge's totally fit the bill!
  • Options
    jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're trying to decide about cakes too.  Right now we're between Party Favors & Jenny's Wedding Cakes. GL!
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding cake from White's Bakery in Brockton.  So delicious.  My family gets all of their cakes there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    desistoldesistol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Icing on the Cake! I hate Party Favors.  It's kind of lucky I hate it, I live across the street from it so liking it could be a disaster.
  • Options
    naminallynaminally member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone had a cake from the Catered Affair?
  • Options
    Brads GirlBrads Girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Icing on the Cake! Paula Kirrane is fantastic and the cake was by far the best of all that I tasted (and I tasted a lot!)
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cakes to remember in Brookline!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls! So helpful as always :) I am going to call a few of the mentioned places and book some tastings. Can't wait for this part of the planning! Woo hoo!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ivy's in Canton is also really good. We almost went with them and in retrospect wish we would have.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Ivy's Fine Cakes and Pastries in Canton.  They had the best tasting cake!  And the prices were WAY lower than the others we went to: KM, Montillio's, Dessert Works.  Tom is very nice!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards